WiFi Speed and Protocol Canon EOS80D

Formaleins

hi,

any camera buffs out there that could answer a couple of questions for me regarding the Canon EOS 80D - DSLR Camera?

I have searched all over the web, all over the Canon site and more but I cannot find what the wireless specs for this camera actually are. There is nothing published that I can lay my hands on that denotes if it is B/G/Nor AC - Frankly, I know it is not AC, just by the smell, and by the feel of the transfer speeds it looks like G.

If anyone knows for sure, please let me know as it is driving me nuts. I was really hoping I had missed something in the settings menu and it was suddenly going to spring to life on my 5GHz. band and start hurtling files across the ether at 600MB/s, but at the moment it is refusing to do anything better than 2.4GHz. with about 1 MB/s Transfer speed.

Many thanks.

5 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz

Many thanks for that, can I ask you where you found that info? UI have looked on a ton of sites and even the Canon site that lists all the specs. does not give any detail about the WiFi setup.

Thanks again, appreciated.

3 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Many thanks for that, can I ask you where you found that info? UI have looked on a ton of sites and even the Canon site that lists all the specs. does not give any detail about the WiFi setup.

Thanks again, appreciated.

The wife is the Canon expert not me. She tells me the info is in the wifi manual and confirms it is not easy to find on the web.

Update

Info is in the trouble shooting section page 160 plus

eos80d-wf.pdf

Archived