700th KFC branch opens in Thailand

snoop1130

700th KFC branch opens in Thailand

By The Nation

7748a7c6189aa60818dafa46e079afdc.jpeg

KFC serves approximately 800,000 pieces of fried chicken to Thai customers per day.

KFC has opened its 700th branch in Thailand at PTT petrol station on Suanluang-Bhudhasakorn Road in Kratumban District, Samut Sakhon, the company said in a press release on Friday.

Waewkanee Assoratgoon, general manager, KFC, YUM Restaurants International (Thailand), said: “KFC Thailand is pleased to celebrate our 700th branch, which is operated by Restaurants Development, our franchisee with a strong growth and the highest number of newly opened restaurants. 

“The success of KFC came from various factors, including strong collaboration between KFC and all franchisees in developing our brand together, kitchen standard maintenance and delivery of KFC’s tasty recipe through the freshly prepared KFC menus everyday at our restaurants. Those factors are the tip to success of KFC worldwide.”

On average, staff at each branch prepare on average 1,500 to 2,000 pieces a day.

"KFC serves approximately 800,000 pieces of fried chicken to Thai customers per day or 292,000,000 pieces per year," Waewkanee said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30360898

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-21

The KFC in Thailand is nothing like the KFC you get in places like Australia.  It tastes completely different.  Their chicken breast burgers don't even contain breast.  The meat they use is grey in colour, thin, tough and chewie. I don't know what they do to the chickens, the only thing that Resembles KFC is the logo on the wrapper.

The original chicken seems to not be to the recipe, smaller than the crispy, I think they must use a different bird for it. It isn't fried the original way, and why does KFC let them get away with leaving for hours and still sell it dried out? Plus what is with the cheapest thing on the menu...The french fries? A small handful of them, plus giving you 2 paper towels? plus where is the finger wipes? I want juicy original that drips! and not 2 bite portions while the guy next crunches on turkey size pieces, and I don't want or drink soda, Pepsi, or figging custard tarts (again way too expensive for puff pastry and egg mix) they stopped offering any other drinks.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

The KFC in Thailand is nothing like the KFC you get in places like Australia.  It tastes completely different.  Their chicken breast burgers don't even contain breast.  The meat they use is grey in colour, thin, tough and chewie. I don't know what they do to the chickens, the only thing that Resembles KFC is the logo on the wrapper.

Who said they use real chicken? If you have ever been to an Australian chicken processing plant you will see every part of the bird is used in making chicken meat except the carcass that goes to be crushed for pet food.

3 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

you will see every part of the bird is used in making chicken meat except the carcass that goes to be crushed for pet food.

Watch a Thai gal eating a chicken They clean of every bit of eatable of the bones, so you could with a bit of glue be rebuilding the chicken frame as the put it down on the plate and go home with full skeleton model! so perhaps that is why to can buy the carcass for a full-blown meal for a family of 4!

It looks like I am the only one to speak positively here about Thai KFC so far. Personally, I find KFC in Thailand superior to my home country (Canada) and that's not knocking the home country version as I still find it a decent treat now and then.

Admittedly, my Thai KFC experiences have been at major locations where the turnover was ample that drying out was not a consideration (Chiang Mai, Surat Thani city)

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On average, staff at each branch prepare on average 1,500 to 2,000 pieces a day.

"KFC serves approximately 800,000 pieces of fried chicken to Thai customers per day

Maths again. 800,000 divided by 700 = 1142. Where's the 1500 - 2000 come from.

Apparently it is Christmas tradition in Japan to go to KFC. Yuk !

40 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Their success is admirable.  Their food_______ ????

Yes, they are successful because they give people what they want. Always a good business model, that. Same as McDonalds and Starbucks and all the other hugely successful global companies that people love to put down. Obviously, those detractors don't know how to run a business.

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Excellent... we can now look forward to more "fatties" taking up room.
The last 10 years I've seen the waistbands of many Thais growing to western proportions..

long gone is the 45kg petite Thai girl, now it's 65kg plus !!!!

i've also noticed that not only are they heavier , they are also much older now .

They  all used to be in their 20's and 45 K , these days are are more likely to be in their 30's , had kids and are now 65 Kilos and not only are they fatter and older............they also charge more money ????????

For most Thai's upcountry, Eating KFC is a treat, unlike UK and USA where it is a daily meal. The sad thing is there are few veggies on offer, just Chicken in various forms of decay. (Why do the chicken legs smell different? and what with chicken wing bit added to make up the amounts (Cheek!) and if you are lucky 10 pieces of french fries tasting of warm soggy wood shavings in a family bucket of chicken! with a gallon of ice cubes tasting a bit like Pepsi! Still nice for a snack, unpolluted by the smoke and fumes and dirt from the roadside snack trolley.

Archived