Dentistry in Rayong or Pattaya Area

oslooskar

20 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Thank you for the link, LennyW! Do you have any idea what one would pay at that clinic to have his teeth cleaned? 

Not sure but they do have a pricelist on display at the counter for a range of services, maybe contact them and they can send it to you.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:49 PM, lopburi3 said:

Have never heard of tooth cleaning by hygienists in Thailand - dentists do it themselves.  Believe price is normally between 500-1,500 baht depending on facility - perhaps a bit more if x-rays are required.

You're right, lopburi3! I've now done a little research and it seems that dental hygienists do not exist in Thailand.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, lopburi3 said:

Have never heard of tooth cleaning by hygienists in Thailand - dentists do it themselves.  Believe price is normally between 500-1,500 baht depending on facility - perhaps a bit more if x-rays are required.

Yes, dentists do it here.

The starting prices of 500-800B seem to be for a very basic cosmetic surface clean, which I think is pointless. Getting the job done properly (ie scaling below the gum line) costs me 2000B or more. Xrays not required but injections are obligatory as far as I'm concerned.

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Yes, dentists do it here.

The starting prices of 500-800B seem to be for a very basic cosmetic surface clean, which I think is pointless. Getting the job done properly (ie scaling below the gum line) costs me 2000B or more. Xrays not required but injections are obligatory as far as I'm concerned.

I must have had my teeth cleaned somewhere between 100 and 200 times in my life and I have never required an injection for the procedure nor have I ever heard of such requirement for it. 

On 12/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, LennyW said:

Not sure but they do have a pricelist on display at the counter for a range of services, maybe contact them and they can send it to you.

Thank you, LennyW! I've contacted a clinic that I found online that looks like it has some highly trained people.

49 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

I must have had my teeth cleaned somewhere between 100 and 200 times in my life and I have never required an injection for the procedure nor have I ever heard of such requirement for it. 

Probably because you dont have sensitive gums. Some dont, some do. Ask a dentist.

I had quite a bit of dental work including cleaning done at Bangkok Hospital Rayong last year. I found them excellent and not expensive although exactly how much I can’t recall.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I live in the Sattahip/Rayong area and today went for treatment for a broken and decayed tooth, my problem is I am quite phobic about objects inserted in my mouth, like cotton wool etc. Today he tried to put a X ray slide in my mouth and he ended up giving me a local anestetic because of my phobia. He ended up not being able to do the work and suggested I go to an hospital and having the work done whilst being knocked out. He could not give me a price for this procedure, has anyone else had experience of the work been done under a anestetic.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can travel a bit further from Rayong to Chanthaburi I would recommend using 'Dr. Air Dental Clinic'. Its modern and clean. The assistant told me that they change the 'burr' (maybe incorrect spelling) for each customer. I think its the thingy that covers the suctions and other tubes that the dr uses on all patients. She said most clinics just wipe them clean because its cheaper. But Dr Air dental clinic uses a new burr on each customer. 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:54 PM, stud858 said:

I used to do small shop clinics. But now realised after experience best to go to bangkok.pattaya hospital in Pattaya. Most professional. Pay a bit more. Latest equipment, tools, and glues.

Agreed. Like @Simhne I now use their Rayong counterpart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 7:14 AM, ghworker2010 said:

If you can travel a bit further from Rayong to Chanthaburi I would recommend using 'Dr. Air Dental Clinic'. Its modern and clean. The assistant told me that they change the 'burr' (maybe incorrect spelling) for each customer. I think its the thingy that covers the suctions and other tubes that the dr uses on all patients. She said most clinics just wipe them clean because its cheaper. But Dr Air dental clinic uses a new burr on each customer. 

Thanks for he info on Dr Air sir.

WE are planning on building in Chan this year and were on the look out for a good dentist in the city and will look her up when over in April.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:44 PM, vogie said:

I live in the Sattahip/Rayong area and today went for treatment for a broken and decayed tooth, my problem is I am quite phobic about objects inserted in my mouth, like cotton wool etc. Today he tried to put a X ray slide in my mouth and he ended up giving me a local anestetic because of my phobia. He ended up not being able to do the work and suggested I go to an hospital and having the work done whilst being knocked out. He could not give me a price for this procedure, has anyone else had experience of the work been done under a anestetic.

If you want a general anaesthetic, you'll need to go to a hospital. The most recommended is Phyathai Sri Racha.

Bangkok Pattaya is generally over-priced in comparison.

On 2/1/2019 at 3:13 AM, JamJar said:

If you want a general anaesthetic, you'll need to go to a hospital. The most recommended is Phyathai Sri Racha.

Bangkok Pattaya is generally over-priced in comparison.

I don't mind paying extra to get quality dental care. This clinic looks like it might be what I'm looking for. http://www.studiosmilethailand.com/OUR_DENTISTS.html

Last week as a trial run (we have recently moved from Bangkok) my 12 year old son and myself just went to the dental clinic on the by-pass road in Ban Chang. We both had a 6 month clean, which was performed very professionally by Dr “Gun”, a pleasant young man who speaks good English. Will certainly use Dr “Gun” in future.

Archived