Who is mystery "tourist" washed up on Pattaya beach?

rooster59

Who is mystery "tourist" washed up on Pattaya beach?

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyMy83NjE3OTAyL2FhYS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

A tourist was found washed up on Pattaya beach opposite Soi 5 yesterday. 

Sanook reported that the 40-45 year old man was clothed, in shorts, wearing two necklaces.

He was about 175 centimeters tall, had no injuries on his body and had been dead 3-4 hours. 

He looked like a Chinese tourist but there was no ID on the body so police are appealing for help. 

The body was found by Somchai, 60, who realized he was dead and immediately called police. 

Police are unsure if the cause was suicide or drowning though they noted there were high waves in the area yesterday. 

The body has been taken to Bang Lamung Hospital.

Source: Sanook 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-22

11 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Police are unsure if the cause was suicide or drowning 

Eh .! Drowning you would think was cause of death whether he chose to do it is for the Fed's to try and establish .. Or possibly he fell off one of the boats shuttling t'wixt the Beach and Larn .? 

21 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Is that really his name or was the news outlet just using the generic term for a Thai male?

There are no Somchais in Thailand, just like there are no Johns in the USA, no Tommies In England, no Jocks in Scotland, no Paddies in Ireland and no Bruces in Australia

15 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Would it not be a good idea to show the face, in the hope that someone might recognize him ?

They have to ask TAT first, it might not benefit the tourism. Why didn't they make a success story of it instead, Somchai 60 brought a dead Chinese alive again. Just hire a another guy to play the role.

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

If he is indeed Chinese,it makes me wonder if any of them can swim,possibly many have never seen the ocean before and have no idea of it's danger's.

Its almost impossible to drown from the beach in Pattaya....No rip tide...The water gets deeper very slowly......You must try pretty hard to drown...

I doubt the necklaces survived the ride the to the morgue...

Following extensive police investigation they announce the victim looked like a Chinese tourist!..Purely based on the fact the body colour was yellow, no evidence he was a tourist, many Chinese live in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

There are no Somchais in Thailand, just like there are no Johns in the USA, no Tommies In England, no Jocks in Scotland, no Paddies in Ireland and no Bruces in Australia

You could be right , a good mate of mine is a Bruce and he is way up here in woop woop not over in Oz.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:57 PM, phantomfiddler said:

Would it not be a good idea to show the face, in the hope that someone might recognize him ?

If the body has been in the water for a long time, the face will be almost unrecognizable. Remember that from Phuket in 2004 , all the bodies that washed up and how difficult it was to identify them . 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, ronrat said:

Could well have been knocked unconscious by a careless jetski rider.

Well, there you say something.

Back when I had a jet ski of my own I sometimes went from Bang Saray to Jomtien Beach, quite a stretch I know, and the sea does get a little wild near Ocean Marina, but that's not the point.

The point is that some lunatics near Bang Saray swim at least 150-200 meters off-coast and it was a very close call or I would've hit this snorkeling idiot as you can hardly spot them in between the waves and them with their face down. He probably must've thought the same, what the hell is a jet ski doing here.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, ALONSOO said:

RIP

I'm sorry to hear you went out this way, man. It may not matter to you if your identified unless you have family somewhere or significant others.

if it was drowning you can take comfort in that it's a peaceful way to go without pain. At the end after the panic you just let go and acceptance it's just like passing out or falling asleep. There are worse ways to go.

sorry if you felt it was not your time. RIP

Archived