BANGKOK
rooster59

Who is mystery "tourist" washed up on Pattaya beach?

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

There are no Somchais in Thailand, just like there are no Johns in the USA, no Tommies In England, no Jocks in Scotland, no Paddies in Ireland and no Bruces in Australia

You could be right , a good mate of mine is a Bruce and he is way up here in woop woop not over in Oz.

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Its almost impossible to drown from the beach in Pattaya....No rip tide...The water gets deeper very slowly......You must try pretty hard to drown...

Choked on a turd.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The body was found by Somchai, 60, who realized he was dead and immediately called police.

When did Somchai realize he was dead? Must have been a shock for him that he could still make phone calls.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ronrat said:

Could well have been knocked unconscious by a careless jetski rider.

More likely knocked by the jet ski & not the rider methinks.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, malt25 said:

More likely knocked by the jet ski & not the rider methinks.

Or the jet-ski owner?

At Soi 9 Cop Shop a Chinese tour guide has just reported one of her charges is missing.

When asked who is missing she replied:

Dunno, they all look the bloody same to me...

On 12/22/2018 at 2:57 PM, phantomfiddler said:

Would it not be a good idea to show the face, in the hope that someone might recognize him ?

If the body has been in the water for a long time, the face will be almost unrecognizable. Remember that from Phuket in 2004 , all the bodies that washed up and how difficult it was to identify them . 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, ronrat said:

Could well have been knocked unconscious by a careless jetski rider.

Well, there you say something.

Back when I had a jet ski of my own I sometimes went from Bang Saray to Jomtien Beach, quite a stretch I know, and the sea does get a little wild near Ocean Marina, but that's not the point.

The point is that some lunatics near Bang Saray swim at least 150-200 meters off-coast and it was a very close call or I would've hit this snorkeling idiot as you can hardly spot them in between the waves and them with their face down. He probably must've thought the same, what the hell is a jet ski doing here.

57 minutes ago, ALONSOO said:

RIP

I'm sorry to hear you went out this way, man. It may not matter to you if your identified unless you have family somewhere or significant others.

if it was drowning you can take comfort in that it's a peaceful way to go without pain. At the end after the panic you just let go and acceptance it's just like passing out or falling asleep. There are worse ways to go.

sorry if you felt it was not your time. RIP