A sucker for a pretty face! Thai man conned twice puts his dad in charge of his money

rooster59

A sucker for a pretty face! Thai man conned twice puts his dad in charge of his money

ข่าว31.jpg

Image: Amarin TV

A Thai man who has earned the moniker "Transfers quickly" has been sucked in and spat out by another woman claiming to be attractive and in need of funds online. 

Previously thirty one year old Sorachat Phonwattana - or Nat Oan Wai (Nat who transfers quickly) as he is more widely known - got ripped off by a woman on Facebook for 89,000 baht. 

"Khongkhwan" (a word that means gift) was arrested for fleecing him. 

But he didn't learn his lesson about pretty faces who accosted him online. 

He then parted with 36,100 baht that he sent to a Facebook friend using the name Thanyathorn. Not in time he discovered that she was really a fraudster called Phonphan Bunchai from Sai Yoke, Kanchanaburi. 

Yesterday he went with his dad Nanthawat Phonwattana, 70 to the cops for a second time. 

"I have learnt my lesson now," he said, "No one will get my cash in the future".

How can we be sure of that?

"I am putting my dad in charge of my finances," he said. "He'll give me 10,000 baht a month for expenses so I am not tempted to part with any more".

Source: Amarin TV

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-22

vlcsnap-2018-12-20-11h31m56s810-768x436.jpg

15 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Surely a mistake. Only foreigners con Thais.

Indeed! Stories like this prove that the general who told us it is only foreigners ripping off Thais with such scams clearly needs to get out more. Sadly across the country there are a whole crowd of scammers, who would seem to be able to operate with almost impunity, given that the cops are apparently too busy looking for foreigners doing it. Sometimes though, the solution to a problem lies uncomfortably close to home.

35 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

Fool me once..

I guess that is what many guys will say after a couple of months Thailand.

And then they say something similar again after a couple of more months...

It's easy to get fooled, especially if we want to believe that our girl is different. Been there, done that.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A Thai man who has earned the moniker "Transfers quickly" has been sucked in and spat out by another woman claiming to be attractive 

But she swallowed the money .. 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Khongkhwan" (a word that means gift) was arrested for fleecing him

And I thought I was the only one to get fleeced :shock1:

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess that is what many guys will say after a couple of months Thailand.

And then they say something similar again after a couple of more months...

It's easy to get fooled, especially if we want to believe that our girl is different. Been there, done that.

No such thing as a unicorn

Who sends money to someone they have never even met? What is up with that? Is that sheer stupidity or just astonishing desperation? When it comes to internet dating you connect, you say look I don't have time or interest in having a pen pal, so after one or two messages you suggest let's hook up for some coffee. Even if she lives 1,000 km away. Come see me. I will give you 30 minutes of my time. If we connect great. If not, see ya!

Be a man. Show some self esteem. Try to act older than 13!

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Indeed! Stories like this prove that the general who told us it is only foreigners ripping off Thais with such scams clearly needs to get out more. Sadly across the country there are a whole crowd of scammers, who would seem to be able to operate with almost impunity, given that the cops are apparently too busy looking for foreigners doing it. Sometimes though, the solution to a problem lies uncomfortably close to home.

I've told you before, don't speak badly of the little guy or he'll send his rehabilitation guys round to see you for a little chat to realine your thinking. 

Archived