Authorities investigate after online firestorm about travel rip-offs in Krabi

rooster59

I'm in Ao Nang now, staying in a resort about 3 kilometers away from the tourist area. When I want to go into town, I just step outside and flag down a white truck. Yesterday, ฿30 into town.

Today, I tried to flag one down, and a guy in a regular pickup stopped instead. He drove me into town and refused to take any money from me.

Everywhere you go in town, there are signs that say ฿150/person airport.

And yes, there are taxi drivers and tuk-tuks and motorcycle taxis aplenty, and many try to get you to take them. I have no idea what they charge.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, petedk said:

What amazes me is that tourists and foreigners complain continuously about overpricing ,but no one reacts.

I do...

I tell them where I can get things cheaper and I say it loud enough for all to hear then I tell them to go screw themselves.

But in regards to transportation, everyone gets screwed one time or another. Sometimes because we don't have a choice other times cause we don't feel like haggling.

Until Thais grow a conscience this will never change. However, back home is no shiny example of honesty seeing how crooks abound in the west too.

Question is: Am I a crook? Only I can answer that... and are you a crook? only you can answer that one too...

As we all hide and are keyboard heroes no one really knows what goes on when the lights are off in our lives.

Archived