Where is everybody? Patong businesses suffering worst high season in 10 years

rooster59

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the Thai government need to realise is that the Chinese (much against TAT figures) do not spend money in Thai owned establishments only Chinese places are on the tour guide therefore no revenue to the Thai economy. The Farangs are the people you need to sustain your economy as they spend money, the Baht is too strong, devalue the Baht and stop being greedy then the Farang will return.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So TAT says things are really good, while business owners say it is awful. Well, I know who I believe.

Let's wait for the TAT's response, probably something like this:

+++First temples closed after authorities fear for the safety of Chinese quality tourists in stampedes as they flock to the wats+++ 

2018-12-22%2014_03_07-Window_zpsfztbq3hx

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Pussy bars are finished that kind of tourist is not coming like they used to

Thank you for your service.

we need folks like you to deter more from coming to partake in our beautiful sport... and ruining it

by overpaying / acting clueless.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Everyone I talk to says they are fed up being ripped off with high bar prices, there are areas in Pattaya that are the same although some of the busy bars are starting to realise and have actually reduced prices down from what they were last year, bar owners need to ask themselves - would they rather have a busy bar selling hundreds of beers at 60baht or an empty bar selling one beer an hour at 120baht :post-4641-1156694572:  

Smedley I would go with your line of thinking. Rip offs leaves bad taste in the mouths of the victims and the word of mouth spreads fast, in this digital age. the old adage still holds good - we reap what you sow.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Where is everybody? Patong businesses suffering 'worst high season in 10 years' 

Farangs have been told in no uncertain terms that they are tolerated but are no longer sought after as a target demographic for tourism.  They seem to have received the message loud and clear. 

You reap what you sow

TAT etc cannot wrap their collective heads around impact of social media. It used to be so easy to keep rip offs and all under wraps...

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Pussy bars are finished that kind of tourist is not coming like they used to

the main customers for these bars were "Brit" tourists. With the pound at 40 bt, they can't afford

them are many more

one big problem in patong is police hiding in streets at night to check people for alcohol... People ending up paying 10 000 or more to get away with it, so if even after 2 beers you get arrested, people will go somewhere else.

I thought Jomtien would liven up this week. Unfortunately for the business owners, not. There’s one or two live music bars that aren’t doing ok, but the rest, dismal. Thailand is old news, gone out of fashion. Back home in France, everyone I know says it’s too dangerous. They’re frightened to take a taxi anywhere. That, and the filthy sea water, well. Not to mention prices.

Archived