Virtual Reality - Where can I try out and compare?

joe999

Hi,

I developed some interest in VR and have been reading all kind of information about options, pros and cons. Basically 4 ways to go, tethered to a high spec PC, untethered with something like Oculus Go, with a headset and a higher end smartphone, or finally a headset tethered to a PS4.

Does anybody know where in Bangkok I could try any of these out before deciding what to buy?

I'd appreciate the input.

You might have more luck posting in the tech forum though I doubt any one place will have every type you list. They are different kinds of gadgets. Wandering around a place like Panthip might get you to test a few different options.

I can tell you though that a headset tethered to powerful PC will give you the best performance, simply for the superior CPU and graphics card.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:57 PM, joe999 said:

Does anybody know where in Bangkok I could try any of these out before deciding what to buy?

Branches of the game chain Nadz usually have PSVR setup to try. As for PC, your best bet is probably somewhere like Fortune Town Rama 9 though there is also a VR setup in the Central department store in Central Ladprao, 3rd floor near Supersports, but that is more of a commercial operation where you pay for a certain amount of time on it. I can't remember what device they're running, I don't think it is Oculus Rift, possibly Vive.

Archived