Christmas Dinner Delivery or Other Good Western Food

stament

A friend is in hospital and I would like to cheer him up on Christmas day by getting some nice food delivered.

Ideally on Christmas day this would be traditional turkey but I'm not sure if this is possible so if not, would settle for something else decent like Angus steak burger and fries or something to give him a change from hospital food and to cheer him up.

Was hoping a good hotel or restaurant would be able to deliver, one that is used to doing this sort of food not a Thai place doing it as it's never the same. 

Any recommendations? He's close to Kao San Road near the palace.

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Were you planning for the restaurant to deliver, or, would it be something you'd be willing to pick up and deliver yourself?

Preferably delivered, he's in Dusit at Vajira hospital but could be collected. Doesn't need to be Christmas dinner if some other good western food is available

There are lots of western restaurant choices available via Food Panda for online order and delivery in BKK. But Food Panda has limited delivery areas, so you'd only be able to order from places within some radius around his hospital location.

But for a Christmas dinner, for example, you could go to Central Chidlom's Food Story outlet on the ground floor in the back of their supermarket, and buy a takeout box of freshly roasted sliced turkey, stuffing, roasted veggies, mashed or roasted potatoes, and pay by the 100g portion for each. It's a great deal and very good prices, and you can pick the ingredients and portions to suit your desire.

That's what I've been eating the past several weeks. But the reason I asked about delivery in person is, Food Story only does online ordering and delivery thru Line Man at present, and I've never really used that and it seems to be more of a TH language oriented thing. But for takeout, Food Story is GREAT!

Another option, I believe Dean & DeLuca is available thru Food Panda, and their restaurants typically have a holiday menu, including turkey dinners. But the one part I don't know is, has Dean & DeLuca added/made available their holiday entrees thru their regular Food Panda online menu system?  Sunrise Tacos also typically has Christmas dinners available in store, but again, not sure if those are available for delivery via Food Panda or not.

PS - Just had a look, and it appears neither D&D nor Sunrise/Margarita Storm have added any holiday menu items to their regular Food Panda ordering menus... As I feared. Because Christmas really isn't a big deal here, and it's probably more hassle than it's worth for them to try to make temporary changes to their online delivery menus with a 3rd party service.

14 minutes ago, stament said:

Sounds great, any such food store outlets near to Dusit?

AFAIK, there is just one Food Story location in BKK. It's on the ground floor of the Central Chidlom department store complex at Chidlom BTS, in the rear of their supermarket section, opposite their bakery section.

Archived