Cost of Living in phitsanulok

Kandodo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Probably from India/Pakistan maybe Filipino, they get paid less than white folk.

He won't care about health insurance as he'll get SS health care.

I just have to say, the both west African contractors & friends of Indian decent, and fellow stewards of African Birth (e.g. female Engineer )that earned at least £20k more than I did at my former Employment, that I left only months ago....

2 hours ago, johnwf1963 said:

I just have to say, the both west African contractors & friends of Indian decent, and fellow stewards of African Birth (e.g. female Engineer )that earned at least £20k more than I did at my former Employment, that I left only months ago....

Hmmmmmmmmm  not in my field they don't.  But hey thats because I won't accept less.

15K Baht a month - with a family of 4, No you can not live on 15K  a month, you can barely exist.  Phitsunalok is a quaint lil Thai town, but not much more than a Train stop North a few years ago.  You and 3 family members will need at least 25-30K............and I am not sure you will qualify for extended visa privledges or a work permit for 15K............make sure all that is up front before you commit............

If your job is nto at a private school you will have health coverage under social security (if it is at a private school you probably won't. There will be some other type of "health insurance", usually vastly insufficient).

Your family however will have no cover.

A single hospitalization, if for a major accident or catastrophic illness can cost as much as 3-4 million baht in a private hospital and 1 million in a government hospital.

unless you have very large cash reserves you should not bring your family here IMO. Especially if they do have access to free health care at home.

22 hours ago, Speedhump said:

To everyone replying, we don't know his alternatives (if any). It's a breadline, full-on Thai lifestyle existence, but if he is considering it, you need to consider why (although he didn't tell us). 

Does it matter ?? 

if they are a westerner or someone from almost any developed nation there is more opportunity in thier country. Making money is the west is easy, and there are usually social safety nets to get you assisted. 

Archived