What is a "Must-See" in Kanchanaburi?

AdamTH

Hi!

I am in Kanchanaburi for 3 days.

Are there some real "Must-See" attractions in Kanchanaburi?

Any suggestions are okay, just so I know for the next time I come to Kanchanaburi.

I'd like to know your experience and real opinions about those "Must-See's" in Kanchanaburi...

Any reply/suggestion/help is welcome! Thank you!

Death Railway Bridge.  Go for the buffet in the floating restaurant below the bridge.

2 Allied War Cemeteries (I challenge anyone to read some of the headstones without choking up)

Several WW2 museums, especially the Aus run one by the main Allied Cemetery

Hire a boat for around 1000 baht at the Death Railway bridge and take one of the boat tours.

Hire a kayak at the Post Office on the tourist strip, and have them take you up the river.  2-5 hour float back into town, depending on where they drop you in the river.  Around 450 baht.  Several other kayak rental vendors, too.

Take a tour up to Hellfire Pass on the Death Railway.  Can be arranged at most hotels.

Kayaking is my favorite...  

2012-04-08 10.40.34.jpg

20120819_085348.jpg

P_20170304_115015.jpg

Welcome to AdamTH

Our waterfalls Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

(Level Four.

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter..........)

48149834.jpg

Safari Park, Bo Phloi, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

Zebra poking his nose in for some grub

medium.jpg

and many more 'must see places' in this third largest province of Thailand.

Link below is a 'tree view' of Thailand as I have seen it.

http://www.pbase.com/win13/root&view=tree

Win ????

Re HellFire Pass--- the stairs down have been upgraded to make it a lot easier  -- but it is a long climb back up - to keep in mind if you have any health problems-- alternatly if you   arrived by taxi-- you could walk back past the stairs -- and arrange for the driver to meet you at the end of the track-- where there is a steep road back up--

Archived