Car Insurance

mriscan

38,000 baht is a rip off. I have just bought a new Ford Laser, and with 1st class rental insurance it was 28000 baht, or 21,000 Baht with standard 1st class. I have another 8 cars, that I rent out and paying nowhere near that for rental insurance!

Who are you using as an insurance company, or broker?

I have been with AIG Insurance for eight years and only have praise for them in every aspect.

With a 50 percent NCB my annual premium is 12k.

I have had three accidents/claims but as it was not my fault my NCB was not lost.

mriscan

Don't know who they are. There are several farang owned insurance brokers in town should you want to visit them. There is one next door to my office, PCD on Third Road, Pattaya Klang.

Saying that however, I use Viriyah. They are the largest car insurer in Thailand, and the only company who will offer you a loan car if you are involved in an accident (at a cost). I have had a couple of hiccups with the service but now they are fine. I do have 9 cars though and being rental they tend to have a few more problems than private cars. I use an agent in Chonburi who used to work for them in the offices in Pattaya and she gives good service and speaks English. If you are interested email me and I will get back to you with her contact details.