How to secure a sliding rug to tile surface?

madmen

Non slip rug pads. Just a few hundred baht from China. You can easily cut to size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Non-Skid-Area-Rug-Pad-Non-slip-Rug-Pads-Underlay-Carpet-Runner-Customize/131842949852

This is just an example. You can probably find cheaper/a better seller if you search. 
Thanks for the replies. I saw this on you tube and did a search lazada home pro but nothing
Thanks for the link I will oder it

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use the self adhesive 3M velcro squares from HomePro. Stick the wooly squares to the rug corners and have it sewed on by the local sewing machine guy.

Stick the spiky square to the wooly square already sewed to the rug.

locate the rug where you want it.

Lift one corner at a time and clean with fingernail polish remover (or laquer thinner is you have it) 

Remove the backing from the self-stick on the spiky square and lay the corner in place. 

I use the self adhesive 3M velco squares from HomePro. Stick the wooly squares to the rug corners and have it sewed on by the local sewing machine guy.

Stick the spiky square to the wooly square already sewed to the rug.

locate the rug where you want it.

Lift one corner at a time and clean with fingernail polish remover (or lacquer thinner is you have it) 

Remove the backing from the self-stick on the spiky square and lay the corner in place. 

Repeat on other three corners.

It nice because unlike double sided tape, you can take it up and shake it out now and then.

HomePro also sells bar-top you could lay underneth which would be easy

Repeat on other three corners.

It nice because unlike double sided tape, you can take it up and shake it out now and then.

HomePro also sells bar-top you could lay underneath which would be easier.

• Like 2

double sided tape and velcro , as mentioned by others is a good idea,

until then, simply take a piece of duct tape, stick the two ends together making a roll with the glue part on the outside, flatten it (in effect making a double sided tape) , one side will stick to the rug the other side will stick to the floor.

36 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I bought some cheap mats for outside the bathrooms.....dangerous, a few baht more I purchased rubber backed mats. If its a cheap rug, just buy a better one. 

As said the rubber backed mats are very reasonable on Aliexpress and expect Ebay/Lazada and are very secure from slipping.  They come in many sizes/colors/designs and use inside bathrooms as well as outside.

5 minutes ago, owenm said:

You can buy a roll of perforated rubber matting, 30cm x 1m from 20bht shops and Big C etc. It is usually used as a drawer liner or anti slip mat on the car dashboard..

But is totally non slip on polished tiles.. Cut up four 20x20cm squares and just sit under each corner of your rug.. A cheap and easy solution that definitely works..

This is great stuff.  We use it under our TV, Truevisions box and a few other items that sit on a counter or table after the cats sent the flatscreen TV flying one too many times in their racing games.

• Like 1

You can buy a roll of perforated rubber matting, 30cm x 1m from 20bht shops and Big C etc. It is usually used as a drawer liner or anti slip mat on the car dashboard..
But is totally non slip on polished tiles.. Cut up four 20x20cm squares and just sit under each corner of your rug.. A cheap and easy solution that definitely works..
I've looked for this stuff in the past for my recliners that slip across tiles but couldn't find rubber at home pro

I will take a look in big c.

52 minutes ago, madmen said:

I've looked for this stuff in the past for my recliners that slip across tiles but couldn't find rubber at home pro

I will take a look in big c.

This is great stuff, I used to use it in the boat and the caravan back in Australia. I would check out the 20baht shops before Big C as I find that they are great at stocking a lot of stuff like this

IN-DEX Soi 63.  Back on the right they have rolls of the anti-skid matting that you cut yourself by the meter.  Not very expensive.  Remember, when using the anti-skid matting, it doesn't have to match the full size of your carpet.  (so you can use about 2/3 the amount).  I've even cut the center out of my 2 x 3 meter carpet for a small carpet.   You can spend more on the anti-skid matting for your foot comfort.  It's very noticeable as you walk on carpet without a thicker anti-skid vs hard floor.

Best Moon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grusa said:

Ikea sell exactly what you need, works well, not expensive. Or, buy a few non-slip phone mats from a car accessory shop.

I bought several rolls of these mats at Ikea for an area rug I have on a tile floor.  They work great.

The matting is sold in rolls, 2 sizes as I recall.  rug department.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:50 AM, maccastime said:

A four inch nail and a good hammer 

Yes well. Many would find this post a little 'tongue-in-cheek', but there is a good point behind the words.

Having been in flooring for many years; I've used the 'ring-and-pin' method many times.

BUT!! And, as I would say to my customers of yesteryear; "are you sure you want the rug there?" Right then. Place the rug where you want it and carefully, with a felt tip, mark the corners. Remove the mat. Get out the drill and put in four holes. These holes need to be 2 and 3/4 inches deep, or about 70cm, and maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. Get four 3 inch nails and place them in the holes so that their heads (other end to the sharp end) are about 1/4 inch is above tile surface. Cement them into place.

While you are waiting for the cement to go off (set), get to work on the rug. Sew 4 robust rings into the corners (underside) so that under slight tension they will just hook onto the nail heads. And there you have it. Very secure. Allow 24 hours for the cement to go off.

There are other methods such as velcro, latex and even double-sided tape, but you need to estimate/evaluate the rugs usage. It the use is heavy, then ring-and-pin; normal, use latex. Very light to light, then the other two.

Edited by owl sees all

On 12/24/2018 at 6:30 AM, Russell17au said:

This is great stuff, I used to use it in the boat and the caravan back in Australia. I would check out the 20baht shops before Big C as I find that they are great at stocking a lot of stuff like this

There's rolls of it at the Mr D.I.Y. outlets as well. Packets of it pre-cut to sensible sizes at Amorn as well.