Recomendation? Place to eat in Chiang Dao?

FolkGuitar

Someplace with the ambiance of the Chiang Dao Nest, the great taste of the Nest 2, but without having to wait 2 hours to get served.

Two other tables ahead of us today at the Nest 2, and after 2 hours we pulled the plug. Lovely place. Delicious food. But what would we do if it were actually crowded? So we're looking for another great place... Do you have a recommendation in the Chiang Dao area?

not sure the name of this place but I have been at least three times.

Its before you get to the crossroads that lead to the nest/malees etc.

You climb the hill from the town intersection and its on the right. Massive place with outdoor setting, ponds, and a very new traditional Thai house thats been transported here and rebuilt

Trad thai food, and perfect setting having said that its not up agai st much if anything.

Infact the Black cat comes second, i dont think there is a third place to get into third place!

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

You climb the hill from the town intersection and its on the right. Massive place with outdoor setting, ponds, and a very new traditional Thai house thats been transported here and rebuilt

Trad thai food, and perfect setting having said that its not up agai st much if anything.

Infact the Black cat comes second, i dont think there is a third place to get into third place!

Seconded.

11 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I 'think' I know which you are talking about, but the directions confuse me a bit...

When driving from Chiang Mai, there is an traffic light intersection just BEFORE the town, turn right and go through the middle of downtown Chiang Dao, or stay left on the By-pass road. The place to which you refer is on the right side of the the By-pass road.   Or....

Are you saying go INTO town and turn left at the intersection road that goes up to the crossroads and further on to the Nest or Cave, and this place is on THAT road?

Thanks

8 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I 'think' I know which you are talking about, but the directions confuse me a bit...

When driving from Chiang Mai, there is an traffic light intersection just BEFORE the town, turn right and go through the middle of downtown Chiang Dao, or stay left on the By-pass road. The place to which you refer is on the right side of the the By-pass road.   Or....

Are you saying go INTO town and turn left at the intersection road that goes up to the crossroads and further on to the Nest or Cave, and this place is on THAT road?

Thanks

Yes up the bypass road, you got it

There's a relatively new restaurant called Chiang Dao Resto about 100 m before the road branches to the by pass or to town heading north.We ate there a couple of years back it hadn't been open long, was very nice, only views are over the rice fields.I noticed last time we passed, on our way to Fang, a coffee shop & bakery had been added.I guess up todate reviews are on Trip Advisor,Google etc etc

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Thanks

??????????? As I remember it, when coming from Chiang Mai you don't go anywhere near the town to go up to Chang Dao cave.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????? As I remember it, when coming from Chiang Mai you don't go anywhere near the town to go up to Chang Dao cave.

That's true today... But the Bypass road is pretty new. Perhaps less than 5 years? I really don't remember when it opened. But for many, many years, you had to drive into the middle of town and take the left turn just before the Market grounds to get to the cave.  I remember driving north one day, and being surprised by it, thinking I was getting lost!  LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived