Last Full Moon Party for 2018 attracts 30,000

webfact

Last Full Moon Party for 2018 attracts 30,000

By The Thaiger

image-1.jpg

Authorities claim over 30,000 tourists flocked to Hat Rin on Koh Phangan for the Saturday night (well, Sunday morning really), monthly full moon party, the final party for 2018. The party kicked off at 1am on Sunday morning and wound up at 7am.

Most of the local hotels were full with highly inflated prices for the monthly gathering whilst many others arrived on speedboats from Koh Samui. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/last-full-moon-party-for-2018-attracts-30000

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-12-24

What a load of bllocks!

KP is empty, the bike hire shops are stocked and yesterday's street market in Thongsala was dismal.

Maybe 25,000 of the party goers came across from Samui? In their <deleted> FLEET of speedboats???

The BS just gets more outlandish every year.

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Maybe 25,000 of the party goers came across from Samui? In their <deleted> FLEET of speedboats???

Hmm, average 40 per boat, that's 600+ speed boats to go, and another 600+ to bring back, about 100 an hour...????

It more likely and realistic that some 3,000 party-folks commute between the islands, that's a boat departure every 5th minute...????

The sea between Samui and Phangan didn't seen that busy the night of 22nd/23rd, but it was so calm that we could hear the party over at Samui's northern beach, so saved the speed boat trip...????????

"Due to the cost of cleaning up after such carnage, the local community implemented a 100 baht entry fee to access the beach on the night of Koh Phangan Full Moon Party"

So the local community collected an EXTRA 3,000,000.00 baht for the years final party ! 

Bet that becomes a regular feature next year ?

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

What a load of bllocks!

KP is empty, the bike hire shops are stocked and yesterday's street market in Thongsala was dismal.

The BS just gets more outlandish every year.

Spot on... was plenty of empty spaces on the beach. 

This number is total BS.  Maybe half that number is more accurate.  Post Songkran this entire year has been quietest I have seen in many years.  The business community is totally struggling.  I was in Siam Commercial bank today in tong sala and it was empty (second day after full moon and first day open since full moon) so that means there are few people depositing money from the full moon so they are holding on to what cash they got to pay off loans or their staff end of month.  All this false tourism news is just pre election propaganda to make Thais think the government is doing a great job.  There are going to be a lot of pick up trucks, businesses and land for sale on this island April or May after a lackluster busy season.  Maybe I should open a pawn shop. 

19 minutes ago, thrilled said:

I don’t know why they say it starts at 1 a.m.

Because they have never been; that is way beneath them.

You are taking about TAT 'hi-so' people here, they are used to more sophisticated functions, lavish trips and exhibitions that are attended worldwide, to promote the kingdom; it would look bad if their efforts are worth squat...

19 hours ago, cracker1 said:

"Due to the cost of cleaning up after such carnage, the local community implemented a 100 baht entry fee to access the beach on the night of Koh Phangan Full Moon Party"

So the local community collected an EXTRA 3,000,000.00 baht for the years final party ! 

Bet that becomes a regular feature next year ?

Don't think all guests pay a fee, as it's charged when entering Haad Rin, like at the harbor when commuting from neighboring Samui island, but lots are living/staying inside the "fee zone".

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:
16 hours ago, Denim said:

Glad I went there before any of the islands had roads. Really nice.

Before 1972?

The official story says that FMP began in 1985, the oldest story I've found dates from Xmas 1977 – celebrating a birthday, which actually fit one of the well known legends stating it was "a birthday party, but everybody today had forget the name of the one that had birthday"; however, I can then reveal that in Xmas 1977 it was Joe's birthday...:whistling: – in 1977 there were no road to Haad Rin, nor any buildings there, but Thong Sala (the main village/town on Koh Phangan) was inhabited, with about 300-400 people in total were living on Koh Phangan; no cars, just one jeep my eyewitness source said...????

Archived