OneCoin in Thailand?

tassieman

In 2016 my wife (Thai) bought quite a lot of OneCoin (as I believe did several thousand other Thais, Indians, Chinese etc). Yet, reading through this forum no one seems to ever mention OC....at the commencement I thought OC was a scam but via its Deal Shaker platform it seems to have persisted. The issue of OC (its validity/potential etc) has been a constant issue of debate between us and so any insights into this particular cryptocurrency  would be welcome.

From what I've read it's a fake crypto currency, people have been arrested. Just a scam.

If you want an interesting cryptocoin project to look into I would recommend checking out 'RavenCoin', it offers an 'asset layer' where 'tokens' can be issued, tokens can represent shares, etc, etc.

In a few months time they're adding a dividend system into the code where holders of certain assets can be paid dividends directly in the coins wallet by the issuer.

It's relatively new and there's a lot of them out there so they're cheap to buy right now - like between 1 and 2 cents each.

The same thing can be done with Ethereum but it's much more complicated to do and costs way more. For asset tokens I suspect this Ravencoin thing will replace Ethereum in the next year or two due to the way it works - it's simple.

From what I've read it's a fake crypto currency, people have been arrested. Just a scam.

If you want an interesting cryptocoin project to look into I would recommend checking out 'RavenCoin', it offers an 'asset layer' where 'tokens' can be issued, tokens can represent shares, etc, etc.

In a few months time they're adding a dividend system into the code where holders of certain assets can be paid dividends directly in the coins wallet by the issuer.

It's relatively new and there's a lot of them out there so they're cheap to buy right now - like between 1 and 2 cents each.

The same thing can be done with Ethereum but it's much more complicated to do and costs way more. For asset tokens I suspect this Ravencoin thing will replace Ethereum in the next year or two due to the way it works - it's simple.
Its not so good as it appears

Rather check $MAN One belt one road blockchain.

“Matrix AI Network — A Complete overview”

https://medium.com/p/f7c6c647fac

18 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Its not so good as it appears

Sure it is, it crashed down to just over 1 cent well after the above video was made, which is when I bought some a few weeks ago.

If it goes to shit I will dump it and move on.

Thanks for the responses re-One Coin...anyway, my wife used her money to buy into it and there isn't any option to reconvert to fiat currency, so....I'll just keep my mouth shut now :0

appreciate the suggestions for alternative crypto currency investment but as I don't really "get" the technology I'll stay on the sidelines.

Jesus Christ, you type it into a search engine and it comes right up as a ponzi scam. I mean why bother starting a thread. Even Bernie Madoff seems to have more credibility according to Google.

All these coins are going to zero, just a matter of time. If you can make money of this crypto ponzi then good for you. It's still a scam.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:31 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Jesus Christ, you type it into a search engine and it comes right up as a ponzi scam. I mean why bother starting a thread. Even Bernie Madoff seems to have more credibility according to Google.

All these coins are going to zero, just a matter of time. If you can make money of this crypto ponzi then good for you. It's still a scam.

Lol...cheers...two years ago when my dearest bought onecoin that’s EXACTLY what I did and quickly came to these scam conclusions ???? the whole issue has very nearly destroyed our relationship.

so why start a thread? To seek some informed and current views from observers of cryptocurrency in Thailand. 

OC just doesn’t seem to ‘go away’ and via its Dealshaker platform people are starting to buy n sell using the coin in a v closed ecosystem I guess you would say...like a digital barter system.

I remain sceptical but open minded and happy to hear any POV on the subject. So thanks again.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2018 at 9:15 AM, tassieman said:

Thanks for the responses re-One Coin...anyway, my wife used her money to buy into it and there isn't any option to reconvert to fiat currency, so....I'll just keep my mouth shut now :0

appreciate the suggestions for alternative crypto currency investment but as I don't really "get" the technology I'll stay on the sidelines.

Yh that OC is a pure scam. They had there knees up in Thailand a couple of years ago. Hungarian women behind it or something. Locksmith I hired rocked up in an Audi suv to change a lock and he tried to get me onto it. Dodgy.

• 2 months later...

Ask yourself why all the original leaders of Onecoin, that haven't disappeared or been arrested, have left if it's going to makes even small investors millionaires?

It's a scam, a huge one and like most Ponzi schemes preyed on the gullible seeking to get rich quick.

It seems to be clinging on in Thailand for whatever reasons. Maybe the language barrier means they don't keep up with all the news about arrests etc in the west.

Only way the op's wife will get any money back is hoping it will one day find itself on an exchange(very remote chance) and dump as soon as possible because EVERYONE will be selling and the price will crash quicker than a 737 max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived