Chilean analyst reveals plan to take Thailand team to next level

webfact

Chilean analyst reveals plan to take Thailand team to next level

By LERPONG AMSA-NGIAM 
THE NATION

6c9f41a8ddd83f7369df619d16a756b7.jpeg

Julio Cesar Moreno Yanez of Chile

THE NEWLY recruited national football team’s game analyst, Julio Cesar Moreno Yanez of Chile, has praised Thai players for their positive attitude, saying the War Elephants can achieve their goal in the upcoming Asian Cup.

An old colleague of national coach Milovan Rajevac, Yanez was called up last week to work on team analysis, which has been identified as a top priority if Thailand are to reach the round of 16 in the Cup, which kicks off on January 5 in the United Arab Emirates.

The 49-year-old assistant coach used to work with Rejevac at the Qatar League’s Al-Sadd Club and grabbed the chance to rejoin the Serbian after his contract with the Middle East team expired.

“It’s an honour to be part of Thailand’s national team, which has some of the most passionate fans,” said Yanez. “As I used to work for the under-20 and Olympic teams of Qatar, I know the Thai team quite well. They play a fast game and have good skills.”

Yanez, who also helped Serbia in the Russian World Cup Finals, pointed out that game analysis has become crucial in modern football and that he can introduce a |different perspective to help the head coach. 

3b40e79ed5a743c5df007f3033903eb5.jpeg

“Apart from providing analytical information on opposite teams, a game analyst can share new opinions with the coach. As I have long experience in this area and as I also used to be a team manager, I can serve as ‘two assistants’ at the same time,” Yanez said.

The Chilean will be tasked with scrutinising the team’s strengths and weaknesses and devising methods to help the team achieve higher levels.

“When we know ourselves more, we understand our opponents even better. Then I can analyse their game and propose the most accurate data to the head coach to lay out a game plan and tactics. This will make his job easier,” Yanez added.

The analyst is impressed by the positive attitude of Thai players and is confident the team will become a force to be reckon with in the future.

“The players are hardworking and are craving victories. Together with support from home fans, they can become stronger and reach their goals,” said Yanez, who has had stints as assistant coach for China, Honduras, Jamaica, Iraq and as manager for Qatar’s under-23 side.

“Due to my experience with the Chinese, Serbian and Honduran teams in the World Cup Finals, I believe I can help take the Thai team to another level,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30361074

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-25

Archived