Ridiculous festive fleecing?

AtoZ

It will be my first NYE in Hua Hin and while researching the options I find the pricing ridiculous.

Most of the good places ask 4,000 - 13,000 THB on NYE!!! Not including drinks, of course, another "low+++" package

<deleted> it... you can celebrate anywhere in Europe for far less and not drink dog piss of beer and wine.

Is that normal every year? In the past I found some decent offers in 5* hotels in Bangkok.

5 hours ago, AtoZ said:

In the past I found some decent offers in 5* hotels in Bangkok.

Hua Hin is not Bangkok, it's where the people who live in Bangkok keep their spare houses / apartments.

It's more expensive in Hua Hin for almost everything.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Grinches and scrooges are all over the world and non better times for them to rear thiey greedy heads that holiday times and festivities such as Christmas and new year...

My children and ex wives were the biggest fleecers I was exposed to.  Presents and holiday trips and new houses.  Now I send them Christmas cards saying I really love you all very much but not enough to send cash.  Merry Christmas. 

22 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

My children and ex wives were the biggest fleecers I was exposed to.  Presents and holiday trips and new houses.  Now I send them Christmas cards saying I really love you all very much but not enough to send cash.  Merry Christmas. 

You still send your ex wives cards. Stop that and you can save a few more coins. 

On 12/25/2018 at 5:35 PM, ukrules said:

Hua Hin is not Bangkok, it's where the people who live in Bangkok keep their spare houses / apartments.

It's more expensive in Hua Hin for almost everything.

Unlike most other places in Thailand, its got a bit of class. 

Amazes me the way the Thais take to Christmas . On the TV & ads , all the stores playing Xmas songs and festive costumes / deer antlers etc Xmas trees everywhere . They came to my restaurant shouting " Happy Christmas everyone " . Do you think they really know the meaning of Xmas ? or have they been brainwashed by the business media ? 

14 minutes ago, superal said:

Amazes me the way the Thais take to Christmas . On the TV & ads , all the stores playing Xmas songs and festive costumes / deer antlers etc Xmas trees everywhere . They came to my restaurant shouting " Happy Christmas everyone " . Do you think they really know the meaning of Xmas ? or have they been brainwashed by the business media ? 

Xmas is now second nature to them, they know all the carols;

We wit choo a melly kit mut

Ludop ta led note lanedeer

Hark old Harolds angel sings

Jinger ben

Deck ta horn

That’s the problem these days , people can not use common sense or unable to read few lines .

firstly high demand equals high prices, secondly if you bother to read fine print or contact hotel , you will find high price includes either buffet gala dinner or something like that.

In my hotels prices are 2.5 times for 30 dec -1 jan, why? Because 

1. High demand , no choice 

2. NYE, free wine and food for all guests 

3. Price went to 2.5 just a few days ago, if booked prior prices were normal.

if you leave it to last minute you pay premium prices.

why bother to compare what happens back home? It’s irrelevant, you are here.

back home prices for hotels with firework views also sky rockets 

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

That’s the problem these days , people can not use common sense or unable to read few lines .

firstly high demand equals high prices, secondly if you bother to read fine print or contact hotel , you will find high price includes either buffet gala dinner or something like that.

In my hotels prices are 2.5 times for 30 dec -1 jan, why? Because 

1. High demand , no choice 

2. NYE, free wine and food for all guests 

3. Price went to 2.5 just a few days ago, if booked prior prices were normal.

if you leave it to last minute you pay premium prices.

why bother to compare what happens back home? It’s irrelevant, you are here.

back home prices for hotels with firework views also sky rockets 

Most of us are aware the high price includes a buffet. And you you can book a month in advance and it's the same deal so it's not last minute. You sure you own a hotel? 

Either way it's a total rip off. The buffets are total crap. Just a way of extortion since nearly everyone does it 

31 minutes ago, madmen said:

Most of us are aware the high price includes a buffet. And you you can book a month in advance and it's the same deal so it's not last minute. You sure you own a hotel? 

Either way it's a total rip off. The buffets are total crap. Just a way of extortion since nearly everyone does it 

I am clearly more sure than you are. 

How would you know how buffers are when you can not afford a night as it’s a “ total rip off “

And who is most of us? The ones moaning or ones who can not afford it?

25 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am clearly more sure than you are. 

How would you know how buffers are when you can not afford a night as it’s a “ total rip off “

And who is most of us? The ones moaning or ones who can not afford it?

If I can afford a big fat condo in Asoke I can afford a buffet. Where do you live? 

But you're ignoring the point or you just don't get it. It's a big fat rip off 

I can get 2 seafood buffets at the Marriott for the same price as your thai buffet. 

Where else in the world are you forced to buy into a shitty buffet? 

And yes it's relevant. 

56 minutes ago, madmen said:

If I can afford a big fat condo in Asoke I can afford a buffet. Where do you live? 

But you're ignoring the point or you just don't get it. It's a big fat rip off 

I can get 2 seafood buffets at the Marriott for the same price as your thai buffet. 

Where else in the world are you forced to buy into a shitty buffet? 

And yes it's relevant. 

Glad to hear you can afford big fat condo in Asoke, last time i checked, the big fat studios were going for under 10K, poor me lives in a small tiny house with 9 dogs.

Glad to hear you can get 2 seafood buffet at Marriott, so fairly safe to presume you have never been to either Thai buffet or one at Marriot, but anyhow, carry on.

Perhaps, with all that imaginary money you can fly to wherever your heart takes you so you will not be forced to buy into anything.

Oh and just for your records, anything half decent in Sydney, London , NYC, or alike is at least 7000 baht per night and thats just basic,3 star up and you can double that, but carry on,I always enjoy  good entertainment.

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Glad to hear you can afford big fat condo in Asoke, last time i checked, the big fat studios were going for under 10K, poor me lives in a small tiny house with 9 dogs.

Glad to hear you can get 2 seafood buffet at Marriott, so fairly safe to presume you have never been to either Thai buffet or one at Marriot, but anyhow, carry on.

Perhaps, with all that imaginary money you can fly to wherever your heart takes you so you will not be forced to buy into anything.

Oh and just for your records, anything half decent in Sydney, London , NYC, or alike is at least 7000 baht per night and thats just basic,3 star up and you can double that, but carry on,I always enjoy  good entertainment.

I don't rent. And you lost all credibity with your opening statement. 10 k for a studio in Asoke? 

Your confusing Asoke with your fan room in soi bukaho or the dark side with 9 cats in the car park 

One thing I've learned in life is when people continue to dodge questions it's because they have something to hide 

So where abouts in the Pattaya brothel do you live, and where is your 2 star guest house located? 

No need to answer if your embarrassed I won't push you any further. It's clear that you are not comfortable 

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I don't rent. And you lost all credibity with your opening statement. 10 k for a studio in Asoke? 

Your confusing Asoke with your fan room in soi bukaho or the dark side with 9 cats in the car park 

One thing I've learned in life is when people continue to dodge questions it's because they have something to hide 

So where abouts in the Pattaya brothel do you live, and where is your 2 star guest house located? 

No need to answer if your embarrassed I won't push you any further. It's clear that you are not comfortable 

Wait you actually thought i was seeking your approval?

For a mogul like yourself, you sure seem to know all the dark places, 

Did you think 2 star hotels were cheaper than your condo, please quit while you ahead and stop embarrassing yourself.????

Got to love the clueless with statements like 2 buffets at marriot for the price of 1 thai, when Thai buffets are 199-299 baht, ???? 

Get yourself rent a gf, and ask her to take you to Mugataa. will open a whole new world for yourself

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Wait you actually thought i was seeking your approval?

For a mogul like yourself, you sure seem to know all the dark places, 

Did you think 2 star hotels were cheaper than your condo, please quit while you ahead and stop embarrassing yourself.????

Got to love the clueless with statements like 2 buffets at marriot for the price of 1 thai, when Thai buffets are 199-299 baht, ???? 

Get yourself rent a gf, and ask her to take you to Mugataa. will open a whole new world for yourself

Dodged the question where you live AGAIN. It's soi Buakhao I bet my condo on it! What a stain on your life! 

Guest houses are a dime a dozen at 5 million baht in Pattaya jomtien, you should know that 

You're to ashamed to name your guest house or even say where you live but it speaks volumes!, 

What are you so ashamed of? 

24 minutes ago, madmen said:

Dodged the question where you live AGAIN. It's soi Buakhao I bet my condo on it! What a stain on your life! 

Guest houses are a dime a dozen at 5 million baht in Pattaya jomtien, you should know that 

You're to ashamed to name your guest house or even say where you live but it speaks volumes!, 

What are you so ashamed of? 

DO you have trouble reading? was it not clear that i said i lived in a tiny little house.

Yes 5 million, you can buy a garage, good to see your know your stuff????????????

How did you go from 2 star hotel to a guesthouse? Would you have a heart attack if it was a 3 star? 

Or would you still whine about hotel rooms being 5000 baht over NYE?

Yes i a have stayed in a hotel with NYE buffet it was ok, yes i enjoyed it

Would i do it each year no  but thats my choice i can afford to but not really bothered, it was a one off and served its purpose

This year is nice a dinner at home with  friends one who who is hotelier from Spain, does his hotel have a NYE buffet , quite probably but hes here and not bothered about it either

36 minutes ago, BestB said:

DO you have trouble reading? was it not clear that i said i lived in a tiny little house.

Yes 5 million, you can buy a garage, good to see your know your stuff????????????

How did you go from 2 star hotel to a guesthouse? Would you have a heart attack if it was a 3 star? 

Or would you still whine about hotel rooms being 5000 baht over NYE?

3rd time you dodged the question. Where do you live? 

There is nothing to be ashamed of 

Not all of us can live upmarket. So what if it's on the outskirts of Pattaya or soi bukaho. Nobody is judging you for lack of wealth. You need to relax 

Just now, madmen said:

3rd time you dodged the question. Where do you live? 

There is nothing to be ashamed of 

Not all of us can live upmarket. So what if it's on the outskirts of Pattaya or soi bukaho. Nobody is judging you from lack of wealth 

Third time though most likely unlucky again, in a tiny little house with my 9 dogs. Surely someone who knows all the dark holes of Pattaya would know there are no houses on Soi Buakhao, unless of course you still saving up for a bus trip to check out for yourself instead of what you "heard"????

Let you in on a little secret, single unit in Soi Buakhao are going for 13 million up? thats 13 with 6 zeros after it.????

Bigger secret, tiny little houses on the outskirts of Pattaya actually going pretty cheap these days, can get one from as little as 20 mil, so thats 20 with 6 zeros after it.

Now back to this outrages 5000 baht per night 4 star hotels who are a total rip off

Archived