Wash and Dry coin operated commercial machines finally in Pattaya

marinediscoking

This is the first I have seen them in Thailand. They are located on 3rd Road opposite Soi Lingkee next to N.Y. pizza house. The washers finish a load in 30min and the dryers in 24min. so it gets done quickly. Also you can choose warm water for 10b extra or hot water 20b extra. It's open 24 hours. One dryer dried 2 wash loads completely in the 24 minutes. 

929002589_20181225_154345(Large).thumb.jpg.b04e474b366b523dc19607ca2ba594aa.jpg

20181225_151350 (Large).jpg

20181225_151343 (Large).jpg

20181225_151403 (Large).jpg

20181225_151333 (Large).jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. The thai couple owns them who also have a copy service in the back. I have been on this forum since 2008 and am well aware of the rules. 

Most of the laundry services here are crap, so I do my own laundry. I got tired of stretched collars, shirts changing strange colors, lost items and iron burns. 

Just one point, I would never use public coin operated laundry machines, because nobody knows what was washed just before your clothes and all the previous washes, those clothes could have contained drug residue, nasty chemicals, blood, grease from a car mechanics clothes etc., etc. Or how often dog blankets or whatever have been washed in the same machine.

Not for me, but each to their own of course.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just one point, I would never use public coin operated laundry machines, because nobody knows what was washed just before your clothes and all the previous washes, those clothes could have contained drug residue, nasty chemicals, blood, grease from a car mechanics clothes etc., etc. Or how often dog blankets or whatever have been washed in the same machine.

I heard they drain the water after each wash

15 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I heard they drain the water after each wash

My guess is that the final rinse water departs the machine by gravity etc., but do you really think that all or even most of these places take some further action to drain the water? 

I'm sure that's not true, partly because the owners of these facilities are aiming for something which generates cash with nobody on site, often for a couple of days, maybe more, no maintenance costs. Further would the owners be all that interested in perfect hygiene etc? No. My guess is that 99% of the owners have never given any thought to total cleanliness, perfect hygiene, or concern in any aspect for the other users.

In any case would draining the water mean all sorts of residue has been totally removed? Not possible because to remove everything would need a number of flushes with special cleaning agents. Have you ever seen any owners of these places doing this?

Similar machines can be found on Thappraya, about half way up the Pattaya side of the hill, and also in Chaiyapreuk in Jomtien.

Of course regular top-loading pay machines are available everywhere and the only real difference that I can see with these new up-market places is that the new ones offer heated water and tumble-driers.

Personally I have my own top-loader which is perfectly adequate for all my laundry.

You forgot crabs. They are indestructible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The machines looks great and hot water is rare to find in Thailand.

I have a washing machine installed on my balcony but only cold water.

I will recommend this to all my holiday friends. 

A small bit of first world life finally makes it way into Pattaya... Amazing... And it's only (almost) 2019!

Believe it or not, coin operated (self serve) laundromats also are a rarity in BKK as well.

For me personally, if I didn't have a washer at home, I'd rather do it myself than hand my clothes over to some Thai shop.

Even the dryers part alone is a rarity. I had some bed pillows I needed to have washed a while back, and after washing, they needed to be dried on high temp in a dryer to get all the moisture out. And yet here in BKK, most laundry shops don't even have or use dryers, instead just hanging clothes out to dry. But sometimes, you actually need a dryer to get particular jobs done right.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A small bit of first world life finally makes it way into Pattaya... Amazing... And it's only (almost) 2019!

Believe it or not, coin operated (self serve) laundromats also are a rarity in BKK as well.

For me personally, if I didn't have a washer at home, I'd rather do it myself than hand my clothes over to some Thai shop.

Dryers are unusual in Thailand but, as I mentioned and others posted pictures of, top-loading cold-water coin-operated washing machines have been on every street for decades.

Given the climate here I suspect that most people find tumble dryers and hot-water washing to be an unnecessary expense.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Given the climate here I suspect that most people find tumble dryers and hot-water washing to be an unnecessary expense.

Except if you want to kill and remove dust mites and dust mite allergens from your bedding, pillows, etc -- in which case, hot water washing and heated dryer drying are essential.

Except if you want to kill and remove dust mites and dust mite allergens from your bedding, pillows, etc -- in which case, hot water washing and heated dryer drying are essential.

For sheets if they are white, bleach should suffice in killing critters .. I think

5 minutes ago, madmen said:
8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For sheets if they are white, bleach should suffice in killing critters .. I think

Not sure bleach is a solution to that, as in, there are the dust mites themselves, and then there's their poop that is highly allergenic to a lot of folks, myself included.

https://www.clorox.com/how-to/outdoor-stains/dust-mites/what-kills-mites-off-clothes/

2066687159_2018-12-2614_32_40.jpg.1b248f17dd6f9ca0adab87e5e733a38c.jpg

32209971_2018-12-2614_33_35.jpg.115f4cbb91cee23605459f09061dbae4.jpg

Sunlight is a natural killer for these things. So if you dry your stuff in the day time that will help. You could also run a hot iron over the pillow slips.

Unless you need to travel and don't want wet clothes then the dryer might  a good idea.

My only problem with Mom and Pop laundries is I once had a new T shirt pinched when an Englishman said it was his when it was drying and the girl gave it to him. They charged me for the cleaning and I said where is my T shirt. "Solly england man say his', I said then dont charge me. OK. Hope the mongrel put on 10 stone and it no longer fitted him.

1 hour ago, madmen said:
1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In the US if I have white sheets I use Clorox Bleach if they are colored sheets I use Lysol disinfecting solution or here in Thailand I use Detrol (Amber) Should remove allergens.

21 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

Most of the laundry services here are crap, so I do my own laundry. I got tired of stretched collars, shirts changing strange colors, lost items and iron burns. 

Ever thought of installing a washing machine into your own condo/house or asking the landlord to install one for you if renting or move to a condo/house with one already installed? 

16 hours ago, madmen said:

You forgot crabs. They are indestructible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This is Pattaya. He forgot about the most important one of all. Semen stains....Ewww. Also forgot about vomit too.

No. The thai couple owns them who also have a copy service in the back. I have been on this forum since 2008 and am well aware of the rules. 
Thanks for the heads up. I'm fed up with the <deleted> cold top loaders.

Any idea what the temperature is for Warm and Hot?

I guess warm for clothes and Hot for towels and bed linen.

Next problem is how to carry my laundry basket on the Honda Click

They have a good looking operation on Soi Wattboon in Jomtien. The only problem is they keep running out of water. So I ended up using the laundry machines at our condo and then the dryers at the laundromat. It would be quicker if I just used the laundromats machines, but with the facility regularly running out of water it is easier to split the wash-dry operation. Only a little cheaper than just dropping off the wash and having it done for you but when I do it myself it is done in 2 hours versus overnight and the laundry is washed properly.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
26 minutes ago, bbi1 said:
Ever thought of installing a washing machine into your own condo/house or asking the landlord to install one for you if renting or move to a condo/house with one already installed? 

Pointless when so many washing machines available and now the hot ones

Pointless if you really like to carry all your dirty clothes in a basket out of your room, walk to the lift, have everyone in the lift smell your dirty clothes, walk to the front of your condo to get to the main road, then walk to wherever the coin operated laundry washing machine place is, then spend a silly amount of money on one load of washing plus bringing your own laundry detergent, then waiting around for an hour, then collecting your load and walking back to your condo, etc.

Or you could just move into a condo with a washing machine installed on the balcony and save all that trouble. But to each their own....

Pointless if you really like to carry all your dirty clothes in a basket out of your room, walk to the lift, have everyone in the lift smell your dirty clothes, walk to the front of your condo to get to the main road, then walk to wherever the coin operated laundry washing machine place is, then spend a silly amount of money on one load of washing plus bringing your own laundry detergent, then waiting around for an hour, then collecting your load and walking back to your condo, etc.

Or you could just move into a condo with a washing machine installed on the balcony and save all that trouble. But to each their own....

in your situation it sounds like a machine in your condo seems best, but for me the machines are just opposite, a short walk and my clothes don't stink out the lift on the way. Also with a motorbike its easy to go anywhere such as these hot water machines.

Using machines is so easy, makes me wonder why people go to the laundry. Who on earth needs their socks and pants ironed

Thanks for the heads up. I'm fed up with the cold top loaders.

Back pack?

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm fed up with the <deleted> cold top loaders.

Best way is to buy one of those big bags made of the trap material, they are cheap and strong. Also they fit great resting on the step though of the click between you and the handlebars.  

I'm not not sure how hot but by touching the glass it was hot. I did the same as your idea, washing the towels in hot and it got a thick cotton towel smelling nice again. My other clothes I wash warm. Also the anti static dry sheets work well in the dryer like bounce from the usa. They sell them in Villa market.

Archived