Wash and Dry coin operated commercial machines finally in Pattaya

marinediscoking

On 12/25/2018 at 6:05 PM, scorecard said:

Just one point, I would never use public coin operated laundry machines, because nobody knows what was washed just before your clothes and all the previous washes, those clothes could have contained drug residue, nasty chemicals, blood, grease from a car mechanics clothes etc., etc. Or how often dog blankets or whatever have been washed in the same machine.

Not for me, but each to their own of course.

I guess that you wear mostly yves saint laurent and hugo boss suits ?

Because for your 100 thb Singa beer tshirt, it's not a huge risk...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Ever thought of installing a washing machine into your own condo/house or asking the landlord to install one for you if renting or move to a condo/house with one already installed? 

I thought about it but what I really need is a good dryer and it would have to stay on the balcony to vent properly. Also a good one that really works is about 30k the others take forever and use a lot electricity. This place is close by and washing and drying is done in an hour. I can get a quick bite or have a  drink at the aussie bar next door.

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

They have a good looking operation on Soi Wattboon in Jomtien. The only problem is they keep running out of water.

How exactly does a legit business in Jomtien run out of water?  Can't they get as much as they need, and then pay the bill for what they use?  Is there water rationing in Jomtien?

44 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

I thought about it but what I really need is a good dryer and it would have to stay on the balcony to vent properly.

One of these on the balcony does the job for me.

It can be folded up and put away when not in use.

Childs-Vintage-Wooden-Clothes-Horse-Drye

Just one point, I would never use public coin operated laundry machines, because nobody knows what was washed just before your clothes and all the previous washes, those clothes could have contained drug residue, nasty chemicals, blood, grease from a car mechanics clothes etc., etc. Or how often dog blankets or whatever have been washed in the same machine.

I worked on a Compound in Africa, we were in the middle of a civil war and US Soldiers were deployed to protect the compound........God bless them, they pbly saved our lives because when the word got out  that US Army was in the compound, fighting moved to another side of the city but - a week after arrival, we had an outbreak of crab lice, I mean everybody had them.  Crabs do not die in luke warm water and we had community laundry units like the above.  Housemaids washing their uniforms along with our clothes spread the vermin like wild fire...............just saying.  Crab Lice don't die in luke warm water.

5 hours ago, Ulic said:

They have a good looking operation on Soi Wattboon in Jomtien. The only problem is they keep running out of water. So I ended up using the laundry machines at our condo and then the dryers at the laundromat. It would be quicker if I just used the laundromats machines, but with the facility regularly running out of water it is easier to split the wash-dry operation. Only a little cheaper than just dropping off the wash and having it done for you but when I do it myself it is done in 2 hours versus overnight and the laundry is washed properly.

That business has changed hands 3 times in 3 years, and the volume has tripled, more now the SnowBirds have flown back to JomTien.  Most of their drying is on racks outside anyway, I pay extra to have shirts and shorts ironed.

In Africa, we have out house maids iron socks, underwear, towels, sheets everything - because its the only thing that will kill Mango Worms and Tumba Fly Larvae.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 hours ago, Olmate said:
Seems like life’s a hoot in Pattaya!You guys should all hang over the garden fence and really get this washing clothes stuff sorted!emoji23.pngemoji23.png

you don't wash your clothes?

I just don’t discuss at length,can,t imagine how u manage the big stuff!

13 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

I guess that you wear mostly yves saint laurent and hugo boss suits ?

Because for your 100 thb Singa beer tshirt, it's not a huge risk...

Well if i did own / wear yves saint laurent and hugo boss suits they I probably wouldn't wash them in a washing machine, but i don't own such suits.

I would agree, there's not much risk of damage to a 100Baht T shirt.

But that's not my point not at all, please read again.

4 minutes ago, balo said:

Not front load with hot water , these new machines are much better 

I can see that hot water might be an advantage for very dirty laundry, or even for cases of infestation or allergies. But is there really a significant difference between top-loaders and front-loaders? I've used top-loaders for 40+ years, in Europe and here, and see nothing wrong with them.

This is completely late and utter TOSH. People have
Been using landrymats for generations never heard of any body getting sick or drugged. I went to one in OSAKA last year the soap powder is added automatically no extra charge.

22 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

But is there really a significant difference between top-loaders and front-loaders? I've used top-loaders for 40+ years, in Europe and here, and see nothing wrong with them.

I am from a country where we only sell front loaders. They have more programs and maybe more advanced , also more expensive . But as you say it's the hot water that makes the difference. The first thing I did when I moved here , when I lived in Bangkok, was to buy a new washing machine , only paid 10k for an LG front-loader. Never had a problem with it ,

30, 40 and 90 degrees programs , especially important when you wash sheets and to get rid of bacteria/ lice etc.  But here in Thailand maybe the heat will kill them, not sure. 

Looks like a franchise, this just opened on regional land office Rd. 500m down from 3rd Rd. Next door to Tigglebitties. The sign says free washing until Jan. 2

20181230_142226.thumb.jpg.30c2fcb0dbf801720416ab418f5d7e2e.jpg&key=4a02e49f86b70614099e3dbfb92ef5b7182fd4ae150a58420acb8253d6755dc1

google maps link? 3rd road has several junctions, and yes its a Japanese franchise the owner tells me (one in the op).

i don't see the point of a franchise though, waste of money, no one has heard of Otteri

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

google maps link? 3rd road has several junctions, and yes its a Japanese franchise the owner tells me (one in the op).

i don't see the point of a franchise though, waste of money, no one has heard of Otteri

I don't know why it would be a franchise either. The machines are from singapore.  Its next to tigglebitties which is a well know place on regional land office rd. 

https://goo.gl/maps/H7PK3H5oD2D2

same reason why I never sit on a chair in public

Archived