St. Andrews Sathorn VS St. Andrews Sukhumvit 71 for nursery

Paintbox

Hello,

Currently in BKK for school tours and in a process to finalize the school option for my son  (he will be 3 next year by the time we relocating to BKK and his for Fall 2019 intake). The shortlists come down to St. Andrews Sathorn and St. Andrews Sukhumvit 71, visited both schools and still can’t make up my mind yet (both look good). 

Anyone have experienced with these schools, i’d Love to hear more feedback  I.e. atmosphere, community, quality of teachers, student body etc. we will be paying from our pocket so those schools in  the top tier (NIST, BPS, ISB) will be out of our budget range.

Regardless location where will be staying though we plan to live in Ari / Saphankwai area but we can manage to move closer to the school if necessary. 

TIA and Happy Holidays 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

71 is better, though I in that area having looked at both we chose Annabels kindergarten which is close by and really excellent.

It sounds like you're underestimating Bangkok rush hour traffic though... in my experience anything over 3km is an hour long journey minimum at school start time - from Ari would expect that regularly to be a 1 hr commute each way, even using the toll roads. If I were living in Ari, I would choose a school close to there, ideally a walkable one.

There is a St. Andrews branch in Dusit, the closest to Ari by quite a bit.  Both of my kids have went there and my daughter still does, now 5.  It's fine.

I can't really compare it to those other two branches because I wouldn't have any exposure to them, or to any other international schools, for that matter.

Archived