Moving to BKK

hooperx

On 12/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Quack said:

BTS connects to the MRT so it's not really a problem? Though to be honest I don't know why anyone would want to live in such expensive and crowded areas

Because they have money and desire easy walking access to a life.

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Because they have money and desire easy walking access to a life.

Thats what I keep asking. What life?

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You obviously have never been there.

It is 95% Thais mostly females who work at the business complexes in the area.

And indeed has been rated by many as the best Thai food for the price in the city.

I obviously have. I find that the food Court at the Mall at Thapra, my local Mall, is better and a few baht cheaper.

But hey, tell me what else is in that area within walking distance other than Malls and Western food (say within 3km, thats an easy walk)? 

thanks lots of great info, first time poster long time lurker. 

at this stage im looking at the asoke area 35-45k, party is not my focus, have a pretty serious career, and thats  my focus but from time to time i know how to get out and get it done. 

lived in mostly down town areas past decade, melbourne, brisbane, sydney, nyc, jakarta all dead centre cbd, so im accustom to this pace  and i like it. 

at this stage im looking at wind sukimvet 23, can any one inform me what is the chitlom area like? 

1 hour ago, hooperx said:

thanks lots of great info, first time poster long time lurker. 

at this stage im looking at the asoke area 35-45k, party is not my focus, have a pretty serious career, and thats  my focus but from time to time i know how to get out and get it done. 

lived in mostly down town areas past decade, melbourne, brisbane, sydney, nyc, jakarta all dead centre cbd, so im accustom to this pace  and i like it. 

at this stage im looking at wind sukimvet 23, can any one inform me what is the chitlom area like? 

where are you going to work Mate? What area.

Chitlom is upscale. Lots of good restaurants with western prices, high end hotels, better dressed tourists. The wind is in asoke

6 minutes ago, hooperx said:

Moving mid Jan mate, yup aware wind is in asoke. Just after general advice on what's best.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The closer to your work the better. Remember that Sukhamvit Road from Asoke to Nana is a sewer. Asoke to Siam more upscale.

Archived