Not the usual massage

CaliTransplant

First, I tried searching the forum using 2 different browsers. Search was not functioning. Maybe it's related to the red banner I keep seeing, the one that says there are technical difficulties? So, forgive me please if the answer is posted elsewhere. I was not able to find it.

A friend is visiting BKK later this month and next. He would like to find someone who does this kind of massage. His request verbatim

"I'm looking for those massage places that treat in the same time muscular spasm pain and tension rather than a normal or sport massage."

So, he is NOT asking for a happy ending. He knows where to find that, thank you very much. 

Again, sorry for not being able to find existing posts, was not for lack of trying.

And thanks.

11 hours ago, CaliTransplant said:

Unfortunately, the threads/posts I found using the suggestions above yielded only discussions of medication and/or surgery. It was definitely worth a look -- and I'm back to square one.

So, suggestions and tips are welcome and encouraged -- and appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649760-massage/

If you look at the bottom of the 1st post on the above link (as posted previously) you will find details of a massage place that may be suitable. It is quite an old post so no idea if the place is still operating.

14 hours ago, dabhand said:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649760-massage/

If you look at the bottom of the 1st post on the above link (as posted previously) you will find details of a massage place that may be suitable. It is quite an old post so no idea if the place is still operating.

Wow! Am I embarrassed. (again?) When I followed the links (both) from my phone they both went to the thread of the 2nd link. When I did the Google site search, this thread did not appear. I obviously need to work on my Googling skills. I've looked and they appear to be still in business.

Thank you for your help and for not throwing attitude in the face of my being more than a little inept.

Happy New Year!

I can only speak from personal experience and that experience was in my home country, not in Thailand. But it was by a highly skilled Thai masseuse.

I believe that what your friend needs is to undertake a regime of Thai Yoga massage. This is what I underwent and it cured my issue quickly and on the long term. Perhaps every 2 or 3 days while in Thailand would work for your friend.

I'm certain he will find this in Thailand (which is where my skilled masseuse received her training).

I have never looked while in Thailand but obviously it will be available.

Some hospitals do have remedial massage therapists. The other option is to look for a massage shop which has certificates on the wall, and staffed by male or fairly old and ugly women. They will be legitimate.

Has the OP's friend investigated quinine as a medication? Cramps are caused by a flood of electrical signals via the nerves, and quinine damps down the intensity. May need a doctor's prescription.

Archived