Medicinal marijuana

bumofdabeach

I don't really want to hear anything contradicting my fantasy of walking into any pharmacy, saying my back hurts and being handed an ounce of purple urkle with an accompanied "song roy baht ka"

I hope whatever form this whole thing finally takes, accessible or not at least serves to educate the population and reduces the stigma. A light on the spot fine for possession without prescription wouldn't be so bad.  

50 minutes ago, bumofdabeach said:

Why would one need to clean out before coming to Thailand and why for 60 days. 30 days has always been good enough

30 days is a myth from drug-testing circa 1998.

The tests of today, and this includes the cheapo pee strips available otc at pharmacies, can show positive 60-90 days for saturated chronic users, after total abstinence.

30 days is a myth from drug-testing circa 1998.

The tests of today, and this includes the cheapo pee strips available otc at pharmacies, will show positive 60-90 days for saturated chronic users.

As a retired truck driver who took many tests 30 days is plenty time unless the pull your hair.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, bumofdabeach said:

As a retired truck driver who took many tests 30 days is plenty time unless the pull your hair.

You are dead wrong.

Your comment is ancient history. Your comment is dangerously incorrect.

I have extensive first-hand experience sending many co-workers (long term friends) for drug testing (commercial drivers).

In the field for 25 years.

I can attest, unequivocally, no speculation here- chronic users can test positive way over 30 days after chronic use. Fit, non-overweight healthy eaters, testing positive. I've seen the results many times.

Just get some cheapo test strips and see for yourself.

42 minutes ago, bumofdabeach said:

Why would one need to clean out before coming to Thailand and why for 60 days. 30 days has always been good enough

Tests have gotten better at detecting. 30 days was the cutoff in the 90s. The technology has improved.

If you find yourself peeing in a cup in Thailand and you test positive for thc, you have a serious problem.

19 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

Seriously though I've never tried it but I might be a good candidate for medical marihuana for real as a disabled veteran.  But I don't know I've heard good and bad things about it, I've also heard that it causes paranoi so I don't know I'd probably have to try it first under the supervision of a doctor.  

The topic is not about LSD.

Dude that's funny. The first time it might freak you out but only because you were already freaked before you smoked. There are ways to get the medicinal qualities without the high. CBD oil has little to no THC in it. If this happens to actually become an option discuss with your doctor.

The topic is not about LSD.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

...I don't know I've heard good and bad things about it, I've also heard that it causes paranoi so I don't know I'd probably have to try it first under the supervision of a doctor.  

Some will make a joke of this conversation but you are wise to approach with caution. I've seen people completely disabled by it, especially edibles.

Today's weed is seriously potent, first time users should be cautious. Especially those with PTSD or schizophrenic tendencies.

There are incredibly healing qualities to it that are worth pursuing and cbd potions are a good place to start.

18 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Some will make a joke of this conversation but you are wise to approach with caution. I've seen people completely disabled by it, especially edibles.

Yeah my gf stopped smoking for a long time, then she ate a whole cookie (the dose was indicated as 1/4) and she just sat in front of the TV and binge watched NetFlix. She hardly said a word for almost 6 hours except "sweetie, order a pizza". Didnt whine or bitch or make me perform. Just sat and stared, quietly. Stark naked.

I ran to the dispensary the next day and bought 4 more cookies ????

Please contact the relevant agency for advise on growing.

He said the Office of Narcotics Control Board, the Public Health Ministry and the Education Ministry would provide farmers with information.

“Contact these authorities for training,” he recommended

its all go if want to be a grower......it’s going to be everywhere in a matter of months....it will be like rice eventually, and exported all over the world......

11 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Tests have gotten better at detecting. 30 days was the cutoff in the 90s. The technology has improved.

If you find yourself peeing in a cup in Thailand and you test positive for thc, you have a serious problem.

Been here ten years, never been tested.

I'm guessing elderly white guys are not their targets for testing.

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah and we are the worst. Stealth stoners. Naw they are just old guys, who would think.

My 30 year old nephew panics when his Dad and I pull up on a raid. O god here they come. Wheres it at kid? Guys I just got it what the...get your own! Thats not the way its done, Kid, we share. 12 bong bowls later, hes drooling and incoherent, Kid call your buddy, get some more....

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Random testing does seem rare indeed, for those who don't hang out in party bars after hours. But it does happen apparently.

Draconian penalties are possible. That is why just having the RX would be worth it's weight in gold to the average user.

I read once about random side of the road pee testing. I also read here on TV about  a guy flying in from Amsterdam who got caught with a random.

All second-hand internet info, so who knows?

Rare indeed but once is all it takes...

It was announced on world media today, that Thailand is the latest country to allow the use of medicinal (not recreational) cannabis at the same time as the next edition of the Royal Thai Gazette is to be published, so if that publication is to be April 1, 2019, then that's it, but it's still not clear, as another online announcement states that the printing of this Gazette is being stopped, and that the next issues will all be online publications. I mean the relaxation of this law sounded immediate, but nothing is clear here in Thailand eh? And the wording "Upon release of this gazette" is very important, so your guess is as good as mine as to when this next online edition gets released, because police will collect huge fines until this gazette is released, AND keep a copy of your Thai Dr.'s prescription handy, for that will also be needed to be shown to any police officer, it'll probably be Cannibidoil in Capsule form, but it is true & the government announced this as a gift to the people of Thailand! 

If I understand correctly what will be announced is recategorization from a class 5 to a class 2 narcotic.

That opens up the possibility of specific cannibis products being registered for medical use but still several steps that have to happen before they are.

All other category 2 narcotics are restricted to hospital pharmacies so expect whatever cannabis products end up approved will also be. It is highily unlikely to be anything like the situation for medical marijuana in western countries.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let me just say that ALL of you have it ALL wrong. I know quite a few doctors at the TOP hospitals in the city. They all feel that there will be all kinds of loopholes in the law and the MASSIVE demand by educated Thais for good medicinal weed will open up the market quickly. Within 3 months of the law being signed, you will be able to easily get it. I think the government recognized there was no stopping the movement. Just watch Highlands on Netflix (all about Thailand and the weed movement). Medicinal strains are already all over the city. Now the government will dominate the market. Farmers will make money, taxes will fund the government, and people will know they are getting safe, good quality cannabis.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:17 AM, Jim7777 said:

Well I take what I read on this website with a grain of salt seriously because you can only believe maybe half of what you read on this site most of the time if that.  

Although by 1 April that'd be interesting right before Songkran.  I'll be sitting in the back of the truck with the family during Songkran with the water guns just passing one around lol ????.  It'll make the ice cold water feel warmer at least lol.  Seriously though I've never tried it but I might be a good candidate for medical marihuana for real as a disabled veteran.  But I don't know I've heard good and bad things about it, I've also heard that it causes paranoi so I don't know I'd probably have to try it first under the supervision of a doctor.  

Lots of information to sort through and wait, probably for several years before any Expat living in Thailand may be able to get Medical Marijuana. I will probably be better off moving to a state that has legalized recreational marijuana instead of waiting on the medical wheels of Thailand to put forth a clear policy.  I have used it for pain relief a few times and I would gladly give up all opiates I have taken the past four years for marijuana. For those of you there who suffer terrible pain from injuries or other conditions, I feel for you too. I have been away from my family  there for 4 years and I cannot come back to stay unless this medical marijuana issue has proven to be available for expats. Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, Greyhat said:

I don't really want to hear anything contradicting my fantasy of walking into any pharmacy, saying my back hurts and being handed an ounce of purple urkle with an accompanied "song roy baht ka"

I hope whatever form this whole thing finally takes, accessible or not at least serves to educate the population and reduces the stigma. A light on the spot fine for possession without prescription wouldn't be so bad.  

A light on-the-spot-fine? In Thailand? I read about not being caught with cannabis on Lonely Planet over 10 years ago, and the going rate for an on the spot fine then was 50,000. Now that figure is not to be sniffed at, and people have had it planted on them and then picked up by the same officers. No, look as clean as you can and stay away from from places that have police raids. It is not a fun subject here because it is so unclear, and the girls can get you done for a cut in the fine. Wait until legalization is set in stone here if you really need it? That's the best policy.

14 hours ago, Groove said:

Well I wouldn't believe a word that is said about medicinal cannabis being made legal in Thailand. Does anyone have the latest government info on this? 

It is in the process of being legalized. That is a multi-step process, the first of which is its reclassification from a class 5 to a class 2 nsrcotic. After that manufacturers of soecific cannabis products will have to apply for FDA registration and approval. This takes time. The Medical Council will likely come out with some guidelines on use as well.

Class 2 narcotics ate still tightly controlled. It will not be anything like in the West. No "medical marijuana" shops, no getting it with just a script from any doctor-- no more than you can buy morphine (likewise a class 2 narcotic) at a shop or with a simple script.

2 things are driving this change: (1) medical authorities see value in treatment of some conditions and (2) business interests see potentially huge profits, mainly from production for export.

You can guess which of these 2 factors carries the most weight.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived