What are the current requirements to get a visa to Thailand in Vientiane (Laos)?

What are the current requirements to get a visa to Thailand in Vientiane (Laos)?

Hello,

I have a Swedish passport. I recently entered Thailand from Laos and was allowed to stay visa free for 30 days. I am currently still in Thailand and planning to go to Vientiane within a few days when my 30 days expire. I do not have any previous visas at all to Thailand in this passport.

What are the requirements to get a 60 day tourist visa to Thailand in Vientiane this time?

I was in Thailand a few years ago so I need to know if anything has changed.

Someone mentioned that it is required to show a proof of funds of 20000 THB now, is that correct? (It was never the case when I used to live in Thailand before).

Looking for an updated list of current requirements.

Vesa

You could get a 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

In Vientiane you only need the application form with 2 photos attached, copy for your passport photo page and Lao entry stamp. Plus 1000 baht for the fee.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

why not get a 30 day extension at local immigration office, 1,900 baht

I currently live rather close to the Nong Khai/Vientiane border and these passports (Scandinavian) have visa free entry temporarily to Laos so I would probably prefer paying 1000 for two months than 1900 for one month if possible. But does the Thai embassy have any requirements of proof of income or similar at the moment? Any new, stricter requirements? I've been to that embassy before but it was a few years ago so I would need the latest updates for requirements.

Edited by GoGet

2 minutes ago, GoGet said:

I currently live rather close to the Nong Khai/Vientiane border so I would probably prefer paying 1000 for two months than 1900 for one month if possible. But do they have any requirements of proof of income or similar at the moment? Any new, stricter requirements? I've been to that embassy before but it was a few years ago so I would need the latest updates for requirementa.

I guess you missed my previous post.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In Vientiane you only need the application form with 2 photos attached, copy for your passport photo page and Lao entry stamp. Plus 1000 baht for the fee.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I guess you missed my previous post.

Sorry, I was distracted. I remember your posts from earlier times and your advice is usually reliable. So it's green then, there's no proof of income or funds requirement in Vientiane at the moment, contrary to what some recent sources on the web might be saying? 

1 minute ago, yamplaadukfuu said:

I just got my SETV in Vientiane yesterday and can confirm what ubonjoe said. No one asked me about proof of income or funds, either at the embassy or at the border.

Excellent. Thank you guys and ubonjoe the legend. You guys rock.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, GoGet said:

Excellent. Thank you guys and ubonjoe the legend. You guys rock.

I thought they changed the visa laws a few months ago so you could do 30 day multiple runs.

In the old days at Vienchien you paid 1000BHT or a $us 20 bill and they renewed your visa  without filling any forms or income requirement.

If all you need to pay is 1000 BHT and fill out form then all is still pretty easy.

My Question is can you do this multiple times as in the old days from most borders in LOS?.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I thought they changed the visa laws a few months ago so you could do 30 day multiple runs.

Nothing was changed since it was only a proposal and was only approved for further consideration.

It is still limited to 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings.

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

In the old days at Vienchien you paid 1000BHT or a $us 20 bill and they renewed your visa  without filling any forms or income requirement.

Just for clarification, nothing is being "renewed" in this scenario.  A new visa-exempt entry or new visa at a consulate (and entry with the Visa) is not related to a previous one. 

But, "Extensions of Stay" given at immigration offices in Thailand are part of a "chain" process - one thing leading to the next.

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

My Question is can you do this multiple times as in the old days from most borders in LOS?.

Visa Exempt entries By Land-Border, which do not involve going to the Consulate or paying any money, are limited to 2x per calendar-year.

Tourist Visa issuance (1000 Baht) at Thai Consulates (not at the border), and entries using Tourist Visas, are not limited by Thai law.  But, some consulates will only issue a limited number in a single passport - and then no more. 

Vientiane has been reported to issue 3 or 4 Tourist Visas per-passport, with the last one given a "remark" stamp, which bars additional visa-applications until one gets a new passport.  This policy, as well as the conditions to be met to apply for a Tourist Visa, varies by consulate.

Edited by JackThompson