BANGKOK
zoza

another bad day at Don Mueang with Air Asia

17 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I never had a problem using AA, just check in online as you are suppose to do and travel without chack baggage as you're supposed to do. that it's simple as it is.

Well its a pity there are not to many more like you about, as 95% of the massive queues that snaked from and through the terminal were all 

clutching their printed out boarding passes and baggage id forms when

we got to checkin-checkin and some poor travelers did not know how

or if they had to get print outs or not. that was our problem the vast majority like me had no idea what was going on. absolute chaos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I never had a problem using AA, just check in online as you are suppose to do and travel without chack baggage as you're supposed to do. that it's simple as it is.

As soon as you enter Don mueang there are masses of people there who are all in the super long queue's...it really is unheard of but it seems they wont fix this issue, it was already like that last year.

There is no staff, you have to search for them to find out that you really have to go in that queue, there's no way around it.

I won't use don meang anymore...it's terrible...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fruitman said:

As soon as you enter Don mueang there are masses of people there who are all in the super long queue's...it really is unheard of but it seems they wont fix this issue, it was already like that last year.

There is no staff, you have to search for them to find out that you really have to go in that queue, there's no way around it.

I won't use don meang anymore...it's terrible...

I did not realise it had been going on so long, I thought I had just caught them on a bad day last August, and then yesterday it was even worse

thanks for your input... bye bye  Don Mqueue.

50 minutes ago, zoza said:

Well its a pity there are not to many more like you about, as 95% of the massive queues that snaked from and through the terminal were all 

clutching their printed out boarding passes and baggage id forms when

we got to checkin-checkin and some poor travelers did not know how

or if they had to get print outs or not. that was our problem the vast majority like me had no idea what was going on. absolute chaos. 

Prepared travelers usually dont have a problem. See MekkOnes post. Nok Air same same.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zoza said:

I did not realise it had been going on so long, I thought I had just caught them on a bad day last August, and then yesterday it was even worse

thanks for your input... bye bye  Don Mqueue.

We had the same situation last year, we came through the door and there were loads and loads of people standing right behind it...after 10 minutes we realised that really was the queue for air asia which we booked...halfway that queue we found out that they were 2 queue's, one for checked in and one for not or something like that...or for with or without lugggage.

Don Mueang, AirAsia, peak season.

What would I expect :tongue:

If you look for more fun try a trip tomorrow or Saturday (28, 29), start of the long NYE weekend.

I catched a headline saying 1.5 mio passengers expected on a day.

Fortunately I rarely have the need to use Don Mueang.

I used AirAsia from U-Tapao and Phuket and that was bearable (crowded check-in but OK).

And of course the oncoming days will be terrible at Suvarnabhumi too.

It would need an emergency to get me to travel through all the "festive season".

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Air Asia.. check in online with your smart phone: But be aware when I tried to use their APP, it does not work (might work for you).. but go to the website, and it does work. Go to some cheap shop who will print out the document emailed to you (email it to them when you are at their shop), and this will count as your boarding pass.. on single flights anyway... multi city flights it's different, and only the first flight acts as a boarding pass, so go to the desk where you are supposed to confirm your details, and point out that subsequent to the first flight documents,  it clearly states that the other flight documents are not to be used as boarding passes. Demand that this desk issue boarding passes, and they did for me - as of course it was easy for them as all my details had already been confirmed by my online confirmation. So while Air Asia is not perfect by a long way (Jetstar is not better), their flights are really cheap. And of course keeping their flights cheap, puts pressure on the other carriers to keep their prices down.