BANGKOK 18 February 2019 13:12
zoza

another bad day at Don Mueang with Air Asia

Check in on line at home, print off your own boarding pass, only take carry on luggage, easy.

Why are all these people saying only take carry on luggage?Most people are going away for a week or more. Do they expect them to get a weeks clothes in a carry on bag.

I flew Air Asia from Don Muang last week to Nakhon Phanom.

There were 3 people in front of me at a self service machine, and it took 20 minutes to get to the front, as they kept pressing the wrong buttons. I think once you have used them once you are ok the next time, but can be a bit daunting first time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnmell said:

Why are all these people saying only take carry on luggage?Most people are going away for a week or more. Do they expect them to get a weeks clothes in a carry on bag.

I flew Air Asia from Don Muang last week to Nakhon Phanom.

There were 3 people in front of me at a self service machine, and it took 20 minutes to get to the front, as they kept pressing the wrong buttons. I think once you have used them once you are ok the next time, but can be a bit daunting first time.

3 pairs of shorts, undies, socks, t-shirts and wear long trousers, shirt and jacket onto the plane.

If you wash everything in your hotel sink once during your trip, why would you need to take any more?

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 8:32 AM, MekkOne said:

I never had a problem using AA, just check in online as you are suppose to do and travel without chack baggage as you're supposed to do. that it's simple as it is.

There are some flights that you can't check in online.

I use such a route monthly and when I arrive at DM about 2 1/2 hours prior to the flight go to the self check in machine and print my boarding pass. Then I go for a few beers until around 1 1/2 to 1 hour prior to the flight at which time there will be a priority queue for passengers who's check in times are about to close.

I've never had to wait more that 10 to 15 minutes at check in doing this and still have time to get through to the departure gate. Sometimes you also get priority through immigration if it's busy.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:09 AM, youreavinalaff said:

Is this a correct procedure to use?  Check in online. Print boarding passes. We will only have carry on baggage, so straight to passport control. No need for check in either at desk or machine????

You will still have to go to check in for document verification.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:21 AM, cornishcarlos said:

So on the 9am flight, a saving of about 300 baht !! Fight the queues or sit in the BA lounge !!

I know which one I'd be choosing 🙂

The flights I take the fare difference is US$200 between AA and BA.

So when the company pay I take BA and when I pay I take AA.

Document check can also be done at the boarding gate after the immigration.

With AA Can I check in before arriving at airport, print boarding passes then drop off baggage that’s already booked to be checked in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 1/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

Arrived at DM on a domestic flight at 8:30 am. Had already checked in for our Air Asia flight to Siem Reap online and printed boarding passes. Went straight to international terminal. We had only carry on baggage. Through passport control and onto the gate. Arrived at the gate at 9:20.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 6:40 PM, NewGuy said:

My experience from AA flights is when the flight date approaches, check in on-line, and print out what’s sent to the screen or arrives immediately by email. Be aware that you can only check in 24 hrs or less than scheduled departure time, at least at the price points I book.

I very often go for the cheapest seat an have always been able to check in 14 days before the flight, so I'd be interested to know the flights that restrict you to 24 hours?

On 1/4/2019 at 3:01 AM, johnmell said:

Yes, I do

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes, I do

Men can women can't, longer than a day it's a big suitcase full of clothes and makeup!

43 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Men can women can't, longer than a day it's a big suitcase full of clothes and makeup!

SWMBO vehemently disagrees with you and FWIW her carry on is about ⅔ the size of mine.

Horrendous airport. I won't ever fly from there again.