Famous Japanese marathon runner was no match for Thai roads - motorcycle mows him down

webfact

22 hours ago, fakename said:

So just put the motorcyclist in jail until he or his family come up with the money!  

What is the cost of insurance for a scooter? 280 THB? Uninsured motorists need to get hit where it hurts. Instant confiscation of their vehicle (irrespective of ownership).

I had an uninsured driver break my finger. The cops made him pay for the xray at the hospital. And sent him on his way... ????

What about ghost riders? Choosing a side to ride on is optional, huh? 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

We had play streets years ago,now there are Sports Complexes . yet folks still play on unclosed roads.

Even in the West it baffles me why people go out jogging along busy roads to keep fit while breathing in lungfulls of exhaust fumes!

3 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Even in the West it baffles me why people go out jogging along busy roads to keep fit while breathing in lungfulls of exhaust fumes!

Being a Crumbling Old Person never reliant on the Nanny State it muddles me too.  No LollyPop Ladies helping me over the road, nonsence.  You had to stay sharp or you a Roadkill,Wobble about on yer Bike and some Gorilla Sized Trucker would stop and thump you. Perhaps thats why im still here upsetting Millennial Snowflakes n PC Cowards.!.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:17 PM, madmen said:

Link.??

Show me the link saying thailand is the worst in the world like you said or go and study the meaning of due diligence before posting even more nonsense emoji112.png

Did I say the worst or did I say among the worst?  Dillgence you say?

Here is a link to how many die on bicycles in Thailand.

http://www.searo.who.int/thailand/areas/roadsafety/en/

Here is a link to how many regular cyclists there are in Thailand.

https://ecf.com/sites/ecf.com/files/8_27AM4-2-Chamroon Tangpaisalkit.pdf

You do the math, the same data is available for most any country, find me some rates that are higher per bicyle user.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:39 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Being a Crumbling Old Person never reliant on the Nanny State it muddles me too.  No LollyPop Ladies helping me over the road, nonsence.  You had to stay sharp or you a Roadkill,Wobble about on yer Bike and some Gorilla Sized Trucker would stop and thump you. Perhaps thats why im still here upsetting Millennial Snowflakes n PC Cowards.!.

Odd that you equate the 1967 introduction of the Lollipop Ladies as something millennial considering the reduction in numbers of them throughout millennials lives, it was my generation, Generation-X, who had the most nanny state, the millennials can't afford one.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, SunsetT said:

Yup, they are all jogging around the ring road here while they could be on the beach or in the forest, neither of which would do the damage to their knees and feet that the road does plus not as much pollution and no danger of traffic, they are odd people indeed.

Poor runner. i guess he was running in the curb where motorcycles by law had to ride through.

wonder if they close the running area? i guess no.

900 k for medical bills!

private hospitals here are worst kind of robbers here in thailand and no one supervise them.

some dont even accept treatment for foreigners if you cannot provide a visa card or some sort of income evidence!

Archived