Chiang Mai Immigration Non-O visa steps

To finalise the adventure, I went to get my 1 year extension yesterday using 800K method. In the morning, went to BK bank, took some money out just to update the passbook. Got the letter from the bank staff, drove to the petrol station opposite CM Immigration, and got photocopies of all pages of my passport including the TM30 and TM6. Also copies of my passbook, bank letter, proof of address documentation.  It was around lunchtime when I arrived so it wasn't busy. Filled in the TM7, signed every photocopy, submitted at the front desk and got a ticket for extensions. Didn't need to wait as I was the only one. Went straight to the desk where a friendly and smiley IO had a quick check at all the papers, made me fill in 2 forms about overstays etc, 1900bt paid. She said the first 90 reporting needs to be in person and there is NO NEED to show any financial documentation. 2nd reporting can be done online etc. Then sat down and waited for my photo to be taken. Waited another 5mins and my passport was returned with all the new stamps correct. In all, it took under 20 mins from joining the first queue to walking out. I decided to do a TM8 multi-entry at that point, so over to the petrol station to get the relevant passport pages and the new page photocopied. Went through the Re-entry queue and that was all painless too, and done in 30 mins.

Well done CM Immigration. 10/10. In and out in under 1 hour on a Friday lunchtime.

Edited by sandmonster
additional information
  • Like 1