Samsung J 7 Prime battery replacement?

khaepmu

What's the story with replacing a battery for the Samsung J7 Prime. The Samsung centers upcountry wanted up to a week to get a new battery, some of the Samsung Centers wanted me to leave my phone there for three days. It's just a battery. With my old Samsung, I took the old battery out, bought a new one and inserted it. It took 2 minutes. Why would it take a week to get a new battery or why would you have to leave a phone at the center for three days. I really need to use my my phone on an almost hourly basis for work etc.

The battery in mine was replaced under warranty by Samsung in Pattaya. They didnt have stock either but they got one the next day and did the job in a few hours.

Lack of stock seems to be a common issue in many businesses and shops here. Incompetence? Fear of theft? Lack of funds to allocate to inventory? I dont know.

3 hours ago, khaepmu said:

With my old Samsung, I took the old battery out, bought a new one and inserted it. It took 2 minutes

That was in the good old times.

Nowadays companies are allowed to build devices with batteries "glued" to the frame/case.

Difficult to replace. A real "repair".

Apple is a leading company again. They throttle the devices to disguise the decreasing capacity of the battery :bah:

And the price for a replacement will probably convince you that a new phone is needed.

Archived