Claiming on 1st class Car Ins.

BEVUP

Hello all

Back from the Nanny land breifly 

Whilst away a dog got into the yard (through the stainless fence ) which was after a cat from the house behind.

So the cat used my car as the safe haven, sending the dog into a frenzy resulting in it scratching the front end.

Have to replace 1 of the front panels due to scratches being to deep.

The car is a Sienta 13 mths old (so just renewed Ins. ) - First yr Ins. free different company so used Veryah who actually sends reminders

Cost to fix 20,000 bht & 5 days of road (no replacement vehicle)

Ins. man said I will have to pay 1000 bht ?

Signed papers, but no copy as yet - Has me thinking after reading posts he has not ticked the MY FAULT box 

Has only given Toyota Body check list document

Would appreciate any thoughts on this as it is my first claim in dealing with Thai Ins. companies 

Thanks

The 1000 baht cost is standard on policies when you are unable to identify the "person/other vehicle" that caused the damage.  Of course there was no other person to identify in your case since it was not a person/other vehicle....it was just a dog and cat fight.   Same would have applied if you came back to your vehicle, saw damage, and didn't have a clue who or what caused the damage.

About a month ago a motorcycle hit my SUV left front fender while I was going slow in a Lotus parking lot looking for a parking space....that is, the motorcycle tried to pass me while I was turning.  The motorcyclist ended up on the ground and left a big dent in my fender.  Before I could even get fully out of the SUV he picked himself and his motorcycle up and sped off.  Basically a hit and run.   

Anyway, I have 1st class insurance also with LMG....got the damage repaired a week later and I had to pay 1000 baht.  Both the insurance company and the repair shop said the 1,000 payment (deductible) is a standard charge when you can not identify the other person/vehicle (i.e, ID card, license plate, etc) involved in/causing the accident.  Was told this before having the repair.  They said if I had got the name/license plate of the other vehicle I would not have had the 1000 baht deductible.  And on the insurance paperwork it was listed as a hit and run by a motorcycle.

If I could have identified the person/vehicle LMG would have went after the person/his insurance and I would not have had to pay the 1000 baht.

Archived