TM30 now required in Bangkok

Until today i think everybody here thought that it's not nessecary to submit a TM30 if you stay at a private persons place in Bangkok.

But today in this topic:

The user "lust" reported that he was fined because a TM30 was missing.

So it's a quite big change for people staying in Bangkok, because now you also have to care about that a TM30 is submitted or you risk to be fined the next time you apply for an extension.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

Just renewed retirement extension on three days ago, they didn't ask for one, nor have I ever produced one in the past. they did look at the copy of my lease, maybe this was all they needed. And I never do the 90-day reporting since I travel in and out of the country so often.

11 minutes ago, dougiemac57 said:

What is a TM30 and when do you need it ?

TM30 is the number of the official immigration police form which has to be completed in order to comply with the Thai immigration act section 38

The housemaster, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours, dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. [...]

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

If for example you own a condo and you stay at your own condo you are obliged to report yourself, because you are the owner and an alien (yourself) stays at your place

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

TM30 is the number of the official immigration police form which has to be completed in order to comply with the Thai immigration act section 38

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

If for example you own a condo and you stay at your own condo you are obliged to report yourself, because you are the owner and an alien (yourself) stays at your place

It is not really "within that hours" for the hotels, still have 24hours to report. Most report the guests in the evening when they do not expect more check-in but nothing happen if they report the evening of the day after.

3 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

It is not really "within that hours" for the hotels, still have 24hours to report. Most report the guests in the evening when they do not expect more check-in but nothing happen if they report the evening of the day after.

The person who translated this misspelled it, they probably didn't mean to write "hours" but "house"

Never been asked for a TM 30 and I know one was not filed as my previous Thai condo owner told me he has never filed one ever for anyone. I get extensions at CW and my last one was October 2018. However my last extension I was staying in a hotel and moved out of the condo. 

2 hours ago, phkauf said:

Just renewed retirement extension on three days ago, they didn't ask for one, nor have I ever produced one in the past. they did look at the copy of my lease, maybe this was all they needed. And I never do the 90-day reporting since I travel in and out of the country so often.

And that is the reason they did not ask. 

Because I could see them counting stacks of 1000baht bills at the “fines counter”. We were the last ones to leave and I could see at least 2 stacks. Also, my wife commented that we never had to pay this before and they showed us all the fines from that day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lust said:

Because I could see them counting stacks of 1000baht bills at the “fines counter”. We were the last ones to leave and I could see at least 2 stacks. Also, my wife commented that we never had to pay this before and they showed us all the fines from that day.

when I was waiting to file my TM30 in November, there were lines of folks with 1000 baht bills getting hammered.

12 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

& if you were to forget to do at your local immigration would/could they pick that up either at the airport on exit or the next visit at your local Immi to do one on return ?

Never on departure from the country. 

At your local immigration office it would not be likely unless the wanted to be very strict about it.

• Like 1