TM30 now required in Bangkok

The only time you don't need to file a TM 30 is if you are not going to need anything from immigration. No extension of stay, no residence certificate, nothing. You are of course legally required to file it but you will be in and out of the country without being caught. Kind of like speeding, until you are stopped by police, no worries. 

• Like 1

I do not see any evidence as nothing is announced from immigration yet. Will see. I guess Immigration then is supposed to shut down soon.
Luckily I have nothing to do at immigration as I do not use the extension way. I am traveling around 15-20 day/ month

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

22 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I do not see any evidence as nothing is announced from immigration yet. Will see. I guess Immigration then is supposed to shut down soon.

You mean like this? http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=alienstay

This announcement is probably a bit older already, it seems they just started enforcing it for private persons, but you should not expect a new announcement

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

You mean like this? http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=alienstay
This announcement is probably a bit older already, it seems they just started enforcing it for private persons, but you should not expect a new announcement

This is for businesses not extended to private persons yet

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah I got fined for it a year ago (last Dec), but extenuating circumstances were involved. Had to do a change of address (change of province...Chon Buri to BKK) and had not done either in the timely manner. So had to go to a different desk to get the addy changed and deal with a total witch/bitch there. She "threw the book at me", but I grinned and paid and all was well.

Now this year, just earlier this month, got my extension with no problems...and NO TM30. Had left the country numerous times during the year and had just reentered about 10 days before my extension. 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:23 AM, fforest1 said:

So one guy was unlucky so what......The number of farangs on long stay visas in Bangkok is absolutely huge.....The TM 30 can not apply to Bangkok with-out the immigration offices practically ceasing to function because of overload.... 

Bangkok has been exempt from the TM 30 for a reason....

I see your knickers being in a knot when they call your name in the future.....lol....????

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

Lets say I live in Pattaya...

Removed some off-topic posts.

This topic is about the implementation of the TM.30 requirement in Bangkok, apparently since last month according to posts by other members. Nothing to do with Pattaya or other immigration offices in other provinces.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

Removed some off-topic posts.

This topic is about the implementation of the TM.30 requirement in Bangkok, apparently since last month according to posts by other members. Nothing to do with Pattaya or other immigration offices in other provinces.

take pattaya out - it was a general question about TM30 and taking a short break from my usual residence and staying in a hotel for a week

On 12/27/2018 at 3:51 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Well so far, it does just seem to be just one unlucky guy. No evidence yet that Bangkok is asking foreigners for TM30 receipts.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

make that two, i was fined 800 baht two months ago at CW - i felt it was a bit unfair as i had all the documents the immigration site said i needed, but hey it's only 800 baht.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

take pattaya out - it was a general question about TM30 and taking a short break from my usual residence and staying in a hotel for a week

For Pattaya the answer is no. Only the most pedant offices will check to see it you have stayed in hotels by searching in the database where the reports are stored.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For the Pattaya the answer is no. Only the most pedant offices will check to see it you have stayed in hotels by searching in the database where the reports are stored.

cheers ubonjoe, as usual an articulate simple answer.

many thanks and I bid you a "Happy new year" 

• 3 weeks later...

Any further updates from BKK folks who use CW for extensions as to whether CW really is (or is not) demanding to see TM30 receipts from renters/tenants (non-owners) when you go for retirement or marriage extensions?

There were a few folks here who reported they'd been fined at various points in time, but really not much volume of comment. And considering how much extensions business CW does, and the fact that they've never enforced TM30s for private parties in the past, I'm thinking that we'd be hearing much more if they really were enforcing such a change across the board???

Anything new on this front?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Any further updates from BKK folks who use CW for extensions as to whether CW really is (or is not) demanding to see TM30 receipts from renters/tenants (non-owners) when you go for retirement or marriage extensions?

There were a few folks here who reported they'd been fined at various points in time, but really not much volume of comment. And considering how much extensions business CW does, and the fact that they've never enforced TM30s for private parties in the past, I'm thinking that we'd be hearing much more if they really were enforcing such a change across the board???

Anything new on this front?

People have reported it in other visa forums and Facebook pages. Along with now needing to leave the seasoned 400k funds in the bank while your application is under the 30 day consideration period. They are asking you to once again show them your bank book when you go back to get the extension stamped in your passport to see you haven't touched it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

People have reported it in other visa forums and Facebook pages. Along with now needing to leave the seasoned 400k funds in the bank while your application is under the 30 day consideration period. They are asking you to once again show them your bank book when you go back to get the extension stamped in your passport to see you haven't touched it.

Hmm.... I must have missed the Immigration announcements about those "little" changes in requirements... Wonder how that happened!!!

They would, of course, tell their clients of those kinds of changes BEFORE they started handing out fines for non-compliance...  Of course they would.... :1zgarz5:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hmm.... I must have missed the Immigration announcements about those "little" changes in requirements... Wonder how that happened!!!

They would, of course, tell their clients of those kinds of changes BEFORE they started handing out fines for non-compliance...  Of course they would.... :1zgarz5:

The needing to leave the funds in the bank during the under consideration period thing, is exclusive to Bangkok as far as I know. I haven't seen any reports from any other I/O as far as I can remember.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Are we sure you "cannot touch" the money during under-consideration - or just cannot have emptied the account of most/all of it?  If "cannot touch" is true - that directly violates the stated rules, which state "two months" seasoning - not three (or four, in the case of a delayed approval -
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1076157-visa-extension-result-delayed-issue/

).

Clearly, they want to discourage loans not provided through from one of their agent-buddies (when no seasoning is needed at all), so they can ensure a cut of agent-fee loot.  In that context, would make sense for them to block on a nearly-empty account, after the consideration period.  If they are getting really greedy, maybe "cannot touch" is indeed the case - further punishment for doing things the honest way (which some of them clearly detest).

Edited by JackThompson

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Are we sure you "cannot touch" the money during under-consideration - or just cannot have emptied the account of most/all of it?  If "cannot touch" is true - that directly violates the stated rules, which state "two months" seasoning - not three (or four, in the case of a delayed approval).

Clearly, they want to discourage loans not provided through from one of their agent-buddies (when no seasoning is needed at all), so they can ensure a cut of agent-fee loot.  In that context, would make sense for them to block on a nearly-empty account, after the consideration period.  If they are getting really greedy, maybe "cannot touch" is indeed the case - further punishment for doing things the honest way (which some of them clearly detest).

You cannot touch a single baht of the 400k seasoned funds. They tell you that when they issue the under consideration stamp. You must take your updated bank book again when you go too get the extension fixed in your passport to show you haven't slipped below the 400k. In the case of a delay in the under consideration period, you still cannot touch those funds until you actually have the extension stamped in. People have reported that scenario too.

TM30 was reinstated for fundraising, for that reason there will be no information forthcoming for when BKK will enforce, you want to risk the fine, don't do it, especially if the time wasted in BKK in traffic. Keep in mind full emforcment is 1,600 baht, as you need to be responsible for landlord if landlord is yourself or family, or if landlord not agreeable.

It's likely enforcement is purposely turned off/on quickly.

It is very similar to helmet fines, If they enforced vigorously, there would be no fines to collect!

There is no reason to doubt Lust's story.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

They are asking you to once again show them your bank book when you go back to get the extension stamped in your passport to see you haven't touched it.

Except, presumably, for the token 100 THB which might need to be debited from your account on the day of your second trip in order to activate an updated passbook entry then (assuming, of course, that this does not result in the account balance being reduced below the magical 400,000 THB)?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

If this is true, well done Thai Visa, we have managed to convince Immigration that we feel slighted that we are not being inconvenienced as much as condo owners in Pattaya. I renewed last week and nothing of the sort happened.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 28 ธันวาคม 2561 at 12:51 PM, lust said:

Because I could see them counting stacks of 1000baht bills at the “fines counter”. We were the last ones to leave and I could see at least 2 stacks. Also, my wife commented that we never had to pay this before and they showed us all the fines from that day.

yes but dont you think it could also be fines for being late reporting the 90 day stamp with a tm47 form, which is up to 2000 baht fine as well. I see that happen many a time in that section. 

Edited by humbug

On 12/27/2018 at 11:23 PM, fforest1 said:

Bangkok with-out the immigration offices practically ceasing to function because of overload.... 

Farang, if smart, would unite and make that point. I.e. If everybody went everytime following the rule if you are away from your bed for more than 24 hrs go to report. It may push the rule to breaking point.

But instead groups fail to go and are eventually fined feeding the system. Everybody. Please go everytime you think you need to. And even throw a few in of go even though you know you don't need to.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

If this is true, well done Thai Visa, we have managed to convince Immigration that we feel slighted that we are not being inconvenienced as much as condo owners in Pattaya. I renewed last week and nothing of the sort happened.

You got a new extension of stay last week, without having filed any TM30?  What Immigration Office?

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think if TM30 receipts were being required for all Extensions at Chaengwattana we would have heard by now.

I tend to agree -- except, for whatever reason, there have probably been a half dozen different posters in this thread thus far that have said they were fined at CW within the past year for failing to have a TM30 receipt when they went to do their extensions.  Something that has never occurred at CW in the past, AFAIK...

I'm trying to make sense of that....

13 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Are we sure you "cannot touch" the money during under-consideration - or just cannot have emptied the account of most/all of it?  If "cannot touch" is true - that directly violates the stated rules, which state "two months" seasoning - not three (or four, in the case of a delayed approval -
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1076157-visa-extension-result-delayed-issue/

).

I did my extension of permission to stay - "Thai wife" - in late December at CW. Just after I received the 30 day under consideration stamp, I was told to bring back my updated bankbook when I came back in the 30 days.  I was a bit surprised about this requirement and as I had planned to purchase some LTF and RMF for tax reasons so I asked whether I still needed the 400k in my bank account in 30 days and I was told "yes".

I was not asked for the TM30 last month, but tomorrow is the end of the 30 days so I will see if I am asked for it it then. Or have people have only been asked when doing the re-entry permit or 90 day reporting? (I was planning to do both tomorrow as well, but my skip and do re-entry at the airport when I have my next flight).

• Like 1