TM30 now required in Bangkok

54 minutes ago, riclag said:

I found a simple solution ! Ask your IO that you use regularly  what their requirements are! 

Not really practical at BKK's CW Immigration given its size.

They don't really do much useful phone call answering in English. And most of the time, the front line info desk staff and similar folks have little or no idea of the finer details of a lot of their requirements for different things.

The only way to find out for sure at CW is travel out there (not a short trip for most folks), line up and get in queue for the section you're dealing with (like retirement extensions), and then eventually find out what the line officers or their supervisors are requiring.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jayson1 said:

I did my extension of permission to stay - "Thai wife" - in late December at CW. Just after I received the 30 day under consideration stamp, I was told to bring back my updated bankbook when I came back in the 30 days.  I was a bit surprised about this requirement and as I had planned to purchase some LTF and RMF for tax reasons so I asked whether I still needed the 400k in my bank account in 30 days and I was told "yes".

Thanks for the clarification.  So, they really are doing an end-run around the stipulated 2-months seasoning rule for this application.  Now, the one office in the country where the law was followed to the letter (though the "agent option" was always present) has gone down the dark-path of actively discouraging honest applications - specifically targeting those married to a Thai. 

Marrying Thai ladies seems to be very offensive to some in immigration, given how they treat us.  I had my own nightmare with immigration - beginning only after I married a Thai.  They were always polite (or, at least "civil") at the same office, when I extended Tourist Visas.

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If Bangkok has an occupancy problem, the TM30's will solve it by filling up all available warehouse space.

Perhaps that is what they can do with the empty condo-space they are creating by hassling decent people with their pointless tedium for fines. 

The planned rail-line to Jomtien will be handy to reach all those immigration-emptied-acres of sea-view rooms, once they get done filling up newly-emptied condos in Bangkok with these useless-papers.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

and then eventually find out what the line officers or their supervisors are requiring.

... this week.

• Like 1

Marrying Thai ladies seems to be very offensive to some in immigration, given how they treat us.  I had my own nightmare with immigration - beginning only after I married a Thai.  They were always polite (or, at least "civil") at the same office, when I extended Tourist Visas.

Imagine how your wife feels, it is her that are offending.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Imagine how your wife feels, it is her that are offending.

And quite pointedly rude to her - incredible disrespect for their own fellow-citizen.  She begged me not to make her go to immigration ever again. 

I had every requirement met - but that didn't matter to those (colorful adjective X 10) creatures.  I use Non-O-ME from Laos because of this.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 8:10 AM, bobonzo said:

I went to report after a trip. Although it was 3 days after I returned, the IO didn't mind and did not comment. She also reset my 90 day report date so trip was worth it for me.

Annoying, but it's not that big a deal for me.

Your 90 days is automatically reset with the TM6 entry card/ stamp in your passport

Re the TM30s at BKK CW, from another poster in a different thread who just visited there today:

A friend I met by chance at immigration said that they asked him for a TM30 for the first time and he has lived in Bangkok for 20 years. They didn't ask me for this form or even for my lease agreement.

BTW, on Sunday from home, I did the online registration for the TM30s via the Immigration website as a private party sole renter. (I don't mean I submitted a TM30 app online. I mean I tried to register in order to do so in the future). I live in the area of the BKK CW Immigration office.

I completed the online registration process, and the website response said to wait for a user ID and password in my email. Now it's Tuesday night, two business days later, and I haven't gotten any email from Immigration. Which makes me think for the time being that my registration wasn't accepted by them for whatever reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2019 at 11:11 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, on Sunday from home, I did the online registration for the TM30s via the Immigration website as a private party sole renter. (I don't mean I submitted a TM30 app online. I mean I tried to register in order to do so in the future). I live in the area of the BKK CW Immigration office.

I completed the online registration process, and the website response said to wait for a user ID and password in my email. Now it's Tuesday night, two business days later, and I haven't gotten any email from Immigration. Which makes me think for the time being that my registration wasn't accepted by them for whatever reason.

Just an update on this.... On Wednesday, today, I did get a Thai language email from BKK Immigration giving me an ID and password for the online TM30 reporting system. So I sat down with my Thai wife, logged into the primarily Thai language site, filled in all the details as best as I could with my wife's guidance, then clicked SAVE, and got a popup error message in Thai telling me something was wrong, but not saying what. When I clicked OK to that, it erased all the items I had typed in and brought me back to a blank form fills page.  Tried that twice with the same going nowhere result. No idea why. :sad:

In case I wasn't clear enough above, let me add directly: I don't think any English speaker who can't read Thai would be able to navigate this site alone. There's webpage popups in Thai that cannot be copied and translated online, as well as similar pull down menus in Thai language only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did my part yesterday.

Walked into jomtien imm. About 11:45 to hand in tm30 after arriving back in Thailand to stay in my not so temporary accommodation.

I copied a lot of pages with the form to which the young lady seemed frustrated as to why so many pages. Surprisingly, at the front desk I was processed right away. Gone in 5 minutes.

Besides my usual advice of go often to do tm30 for your safety, make sure you are supplying as many documents as you can in support.

I say, if you are asked to do it. Do it well.

• Like 1

i was at CW last week and in the 90 day reporting room at around 11am the queue number was already at 260, there is no way on this earth, that if many people had to do tm30, that they would get through so many people in 2.5 hours of opening. 

the tm30 for CW on this forum is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy

better just wait for one's 1st fine,  even chance the whole thing will disappear just like it appeared in thailand , esp. if  one doesn't  bring it to people's attention ...... see don't ask don't tell

22 minutes ago, chubby said:

better just wait for one's 1st fine,  even chance the whole thing will disappear just like it appeared in thailand , esp. if  one doesn't  bring it to people's attention ...... see don't ask don't tell

My next extension time is months away, and I'm relatively recently back from a trip to the home country.

So, in the wake of my failure with their online site, I'm going to mail in a TM30 report to CW Immigration, with a note in EN and TH pointing out that I've never been asked for this in XX years of living here, and asking if they're now requiring it from folks like me -- a house renter.  And see what if anything I get back in my SASE envelope.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm going to mail in a TM30 report to CW Immigration

I mailed my TM30 into CW and got it back 8 days later. I've just started doing it myself, having lived here many years. This is second time and I always send a TM28 as well as I thought that was immigration law as well?

First time I sent the TM30 & TM28 together in same envelope and got both receipt slips back. This second time CW just signed the TM30 and sent the TM28 back unanswered. So that's a 50-50 result for me as far as TM28s go. I will send both TM28 & TM30 again next time and see what they do.

I did my part yesterday.
Walked into jomtien imm. About 11:45 to hand in tm30 after arriving back in Thailand to stay in my not so temporary accommodation.
I copied a lot of pages with the form to which the young lady seemed frustrated as to why so many pages. Surprisingly, at the front desk I was processed right away. Gone in 5 minutes.
Besides my usual advice of go often to do tm30 for your safety, make sure you are supplying as many documents as you can in support.

I say, if you are asked to do it. Do it well.
This is about Chaengwattana Immigration in Bangkok where TM30 receipts have not been required thus far, and whether this has changed. Not Jomtien where a different operating policy exists.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

The TM 30 IS required at Chaeng Wattana.

Also, the 400k in the bank account during your extension... after I applied for my 1 year extension and was waiting for it to approved, I took out 86,000baht for a motorcycle and when I went back in with my bank book it stated around 310,000. Wasn’t a problem for me and my extension was approved, but maybe just wait to be sure..

• Like 1

As mentioned above, this thread is about TM30 AT BANGKOK..CW.

People like myself who live in bkk are interested in CW not the boom docks or pattaya jomitien etc.

For 7 years I have never done a 90 day report or lodged tm30 after my fortnightly trips outside los. I'm interested if things have changed. I did my annual extension CW November. Nothing asked about tm30.

6 minutes ago, lust said:

The TM 30 IS required at Chaeng Wattana.

Also, the 400k in the bank account during your extension... after I applied for my 1 year extension and was waiting for it to approved, I took out 86,000baht for a motorcycle and when I went back in with my bank book it stated around 310,000. Wasn’t a problem for me and my extension was approved, but maybe just wait to be sure..

"Tm30 is required for CW" ?

Have you read all the posts? Some saying done their extension very recently and tm30 not asked/required. Why can you say with such conviction that it "IS required"

Edited by DrJack54
Error

4 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

I mailed my TM30 into CW and got it back 8 days later. I've just started doing it myself, having lived here many years. This is second time and I always send a TM28 as well as I thought that was immigration law as well?

Are you filing as a renter or owner?

BTW, in general, when people report their experiences on this here, I wish they would make clear whether they're an owner or renter. As that might (maybe...) explain why CW seems to be requiring TM30s of some folks but not of others....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

34 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Are you filing as a renter or owner?

BTW, in general, when people report their experiences on this here, I wish they would make clear whether they're an owner or renter. As that might (maybe...) explain why CW seems to be requiring TM30s of some folks but not of others....

True. Also I think it depends on what your extension is based on. Extension based on retirement for one reason or another seem to have different gig for based on marriage etc. Member posted above (lust) seems to be based on something other than retirement. Typing about under consideration. Might be reading that incorrectly. In any event as I posted earlier never been asked about tm30. Mine is (Retirement) and over last 7 yrs. Including November extension never been mentioned

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In any event as I posted earlier never been asked about tm30. Mine is (Retirement) and over last 7 yrs. Including November extension never been mentioned

And I've been in the same boat as a renter on retirement extensions for many years and never ever been asked at CW for a TM30 receipt up to my last extension last August.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

"Tm30 is required for CW" ?

Have you read all the posts? Some saying done their extension very recently and tm30 not asked/required. Why can you say with such conviction that it "IS required"

Because I’m the reason this thread exists.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And I've been in the same boat as a renter on retirement extensions for many years and never ever been asked at CW for a TM30 receipt up to my last extension last August.

That is interesting, using a boat as an address! ????

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Although it only seems to have applied to you, not the many hundreds of people who use CW every day!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I might be completely wrong, however the poster claiming... TM 30 IS requirement, might be because extension is perhaps based on marriage. We all know that the "hurdles" for retirement are easier. That is why some married members still choose "based on retirement". For marriage you have to be living together hence we read about providing pictures together in home. Even visits. etc. Might also be that tm30 is being required of this small group. Just an idea. 

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is why some married members still choose "based on retirement". For marriage you have to be living together hence we read about providing pictures together in home.

Other than what you mention, and the hurdles Jomtiem seem to deliberately put before you, I have never felt happy that there is a 1 month approval wait with marriage extensions. I can get on with spending some of that 800k pretty much when the accept my paperwork!