TM30 now required in Bangkok

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

mail-in tm-30 questions:

i am currently outside the kingdom, will be returning for the summer, staying with girlfriend (rent in her name) in bangkok.  next retirement extension in the fall.

i would like mail the tm-30 to immigration, but with no rental contract in my name, i cannot register myself. 

would i be correct in assuming that as house mistress, she can register me with the tm-30 form, the docs tallguy listed, plus her id, rental contract and sase?

mailing address is the same as for 90-day reporting at cw?

is there an option for thais to register a guest in their apartments at a local police station?

The mail in approach certainly should work. It would be your Thai GF doing the reporting. I don't think you need to register yourself, but you probably ought to keep a copy of the reporting receipt she receives back.

Yes, it's the same address for BKK 90 day report mailings to CW, except change the top line to TM 30 reporting instead of 90 Day Reporting.

I don't know whether the police station bit works in BKK or not. I think that's only meant to be used when there isn't an Immigration office in the area.

Do I understand correctly? Did someone actually post a load of unsolicited bumf cantered on a TM 30 to Immigration and then ask whether he should have done?
We are not supposed to tell Immigration how to interpret the Immigration Act, they tell us!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just to close the loop on this, I did mail in to Chaengwattana Immigration my own TM-30 form as a renter, not an owner. And today in the mail, just a few days later, I got back the TM-30 receipt in my self-addressed stamped envelope.

(I'm pretty sure, in all my years living in Thailand in the same home, my home's owner has never submitted a TM-30 on my behalf because, among other things, they don't have any of my current passport or visa information).

When I mailed in my TM-30 form, I sent along signed copies of my:

--passbook face page

--arrival stamp page

--visa stamp page

--TM 6 departure slip, and

--current housing rental agreement

I DID NOT send a copy of my house owner's tabien ban or a copy of their Thai ID card, neither of which I have. And the lack of those didn't seem to cause any problem for them processing and returning my TM-30 receipt.

When I sent in my TM-30 form, I also sent along a note in both English and Thai asking whether, as a renter, they wanted me the renter, or, the Thai owner of my home, to be submitting the TM-30. I didn't get back any answer to that question.

Instead, they sent me a double-sided, single sheet entirely in Thai language (and not a word in English) laying out all the rules and requirements for the TM-30 reporting, which as best as I can tell talks mostly about owners of homes and hotel operators and such.

I also got no answer to the other question I posed, being whether they'd want to see a TM-30 receipt from me as a renter when I go to do a marriage or retirement extension later in the year.

Excellent and clear post as usual John.

Did you address it with "Att: TM30" or just sent it to the below address?

Immigration

120 Chang Watthana 7 Alley,

Khwaeng Thung Song Hong,

Khet Lak Si,

Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210

25 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Did you address it with "Att: TM30" or just sent it to the below address?

Thank you!

The advice I got here, and followed, was to title the first line of the address something like:

"TM30 Reports Section"...

Basically, a mirror version to what you'd use for a 90 Day Reports mailing.

Looks like I followed UJ's guidance:

1672536424_TM30Mail-InReportingAddress.jpg.e658b954f8fe94d9ffe4ed0ea839477e.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Everybody,

I am a little confused about the TM30. I have been a couple of years here and extended my METV always at Bangkok immigration just giving my girlfriends address and never filled out a TM30 form in my life. Last extension was in Jan this year. Am I lucky or what is the deal?

Everybody,

I am a little confused about the TM30. I have been a couple of years here and extended my METV always at Bangkok immigration just giving my girlfriends address and never filled out a TM30 form in my life. Last extension was in Jan this year. Am I lucky or what is the deal?
They were not enforcing it for all extensions back then. They appear to be doing so now, so you would be advised to get it done if you plan on getting another extension.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/27/2018 at 12:23 PM, fforest1 said:

So one guy was unlucky so what......The number of farangs on long stay visas in Bangkok is absolutely huge.....The TM 30 can not apply to Bangkok with-out the immigration offices practically ceasing to function because of overload.... 

Bangkok has been exempt from the TM 30 for a reason....

Jomtien used to be 'exempt' but no longer is.

6 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Jomtien used to be 'exempt' but no longer is.

Are you sure? I do my extensions CW so not familiar with Jomtien. However my impression was Jomtien required tm30 for extensions to visas and visa exempt but not to annual extensions of stay based on such things as retirement, married to Thai, parent this child etc.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:57 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My name is not listed in the house book for the location where I rent/live, nor has it ever been.

As I mentioned above, I have no idea how Immigration interprets their use of the English term "possessor..."  And it never mattered before for all the years I've lived here.

But, I'm willing to spend an hour of my time and a trip to the post office once a year (after my journey outside Thailand) to mail a stupid form and supporting documents, and get back the TM 30 receipt to have in my possession, in order to ensure that I don't face any kind of fine the next time I go to do my extension of stay.

I guess I'll find out in the fall if CW Immigration is or isn't demanding to see TM-30 receipts as part of marriage or retirement extensions, since no kind of clear answer to that has been forthcoming here.

Although I only travel twice a year out of Thailand I travel frequently out of my province every month sometimes returning 4 or 5 times to my permanent residence in one month. The new TM30 situation does not suit my idea of a relaxed retirement. Its totalitarian and authoritarian. I also do not like to jump through stupid hoops. The end is in site for me and Thailand due to this stupid intrusive law.  The constant need to report back is reminiscent of the Apartheid Internal passport system and the Soviet people monitoring sytem. Assembling numerous documents, print outs, photocopies, SAEs, several times a week, posting them and then waiting for multiple replies is not practicable for me.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are you sure? I do my extensions CW so not familiar with Jomtien. However my impression was Jomtien required tm30 for extensions to visas and visa exempt but not to annual extensions of stay based on such things as retirement, married to Thai, parent this child etc.

I can only report  on my personal experience over the last 4 years on a retirement extension at the same address. I do not know what a TM 30 is. My landlord is English, does not live in Thailand and does not know what a TM30 is. Last October when I returned to Thailand after a UK visit I reported to the Jomtien IO (due to scaremongering) on this forum) but was told no report of any kind was required but just to return in 90 days. Apparently this has now changed. 

On 6/8/2019 at 7:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thank you!

The advice I got here, and followed, was to title the first line of the address something like:

"TM30 Reports Section"...

closing the loop...........did the same.

staying with gf, she has rental contract.   in addition to the the tm30 and my paperwork, included her ID card, rental contract and signed statement confirming i live with her.  included registered sase.

sent ems with "tm 30 report" as first address line.  that is exactly what the post office lady entered on the receipt. 

receipt arrived by registered post 6-1/2 weeks later.

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

closing the loop...........did the same.

staying with gf, she has rental contract.   in addition to the the tm30 and my paperwork, included her ID card, rental contract and signed statement confirming i live with her.  included registered sase.

sent ems with "tm 30 report" as first address line.  that is exactly what the post office lady entered on the receipt. 

receipt arrived by registered post 6-1/2 weeks later.

So you got receipt 6 weeks after. So how would that work for me going in/out los every couple of weeks. 

Do I say to io "your cheque is in the mail". 

I'm hoping my ems record will be enough. Doubt it. 

as long as you have one on file with your permanent address, you should might maybe could be okay.

keep the most recent one you get back in your passport, mail in a new packet each time you return, until you get registered online.

next extension, just show them your collection of tm30 receipts and ems/registered mail slips.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Latest reports indicate otherwise.

Screenshot_20190829-213329_Facebook.jpg

So you got receipt 6 weeks after. So how would that work for me going in/out los every couple of weeks. 
Do I say to io "your cheque is in the mail". 
I'm hoping my ems record will be enough. Doubt it. 
I was told that a photocopy of the application, a photocopy of the envelope, a photocopy of the EMS receipt.

I applied for a password 2 months ago, knowing that I would be doing a Visa extension in September. After having not received the confirmation of password, I decided to mail a TM30.
A week later I received the confirmation password, but still no receipt of TM30.

If I haven't received it 1 week before my Visa extension I will do an online application.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app