Register Condo in Son's (minor) Name?

seems no one answers you..... Probably because there are so many threads about this here on TVF so is kinda boring to keep giving the same answers again and again. The answer is yes, you can register a property under a child's name. Problem will be to sell it while your son is under 20. I think you won't be able to use the property as a guaranty for a loan either.

You can at Pattaya Land office providing the Mother is in attendance also but you probably already understand you won't be able to sell it or take any mortgage or loan on the property and at coming of age he can do what he wants with it.  The one good thing about condo ownership is that a Foreigner can own one outright.  What is the reasoning  behind this? Thai quota can usually be bought cheaper but resale is harder unless it's a desired condo with waiting  purchasers? Keep in mind that the legal Mother has every right to stay in the condo whenever and with whoever she wants.

Thank you kindly for the answers Pattaya related. I studied the Civil Code and on TV were remarks not all LO would proceed. I just want some long-term investment for my kids, family and spr3ad it a but and have a few good opportunities to buy at a good price. Cash, no mortgages involved. Happy New Year. MS>

Mods kindly close as case cleared. Happy 2019.

Archived