Sticking it to foreigners - ice cream company backs down after "Thais only" promotion

webfact

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Similarly AIS are running a free accident insurance offer at the moment, a couple of restrictions, age between 21 and 70 and Thais only! 

Be fair - they are the ones who probably need it the most, if driving standards are anything to go by.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The promotion banner was printed in Thai because well, we're located in Thailand. Please keep in mind, local patrons make up almost 95% of our business. Most of whom, Thai is their native language. 

I'm glad to see it's in Thai 

but on the other hand I could read more then the 50% of it that was in English

They could of used less words to stick on with an English 50 % of 2nd one

This is small beans.  On your next hotel booking, let your wife or gf inquire about booking a room at a hotel reception.  Then walk up and make the same room request/inquiry.  Non Thai pricing...is rampant and obscene.  My wife (Thai) is even disgusted by the ridiculous gaming going on

21 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Hopeless, In a country whose income has a major contribution from tourism.

Cue the honest cabbie story.

I would reckon the average Thai is as politically aware as the average person in a lot of countries. They quite likely don't know how much money tourism brings the country and like the locals in the town I lived in in Scotland only see the money that goes into their pockets in the summer. They are always of the attitude of 'happy now summer's gone and life has gone back to normal.'

If they are not directly involved with tourists they don't see the need for them.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Similarly AIS are running a free accident insurance offer at the moment, a couple of restrictions, age between 21 and 70 and Thais only! 

And if you are not quite sure AIS have an English translation to confirm the Thai only offer!

16 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

ah happens all the time.. sometimes my wife even gets the 'in thai' promotion menu even when she is sitting right next to me! ???????? 

Seen that also but they never last long around here

6 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

This is small beans.  On your next hotel booking, let your wife or gf inquire about booking a room at a hotel reception.  Then walk up and make the same room request/inquiry.  Non Thai pricing...is rampant and obscene.  My wife (Thai) is even disgusted by the ridiculous gaming going on

Yep, when we go to BKK let the midget book it

5 minutes ago, KhunProletariat said:

The irony is that Stickhouse is an Italian franchise out of Siena, Italy.

Wonder how the Italians felt when they were refused this promotion? Would have been interesting to hear their views.

KP.

I can see vaffanculo coming into it. ????????

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Thai falls over breaks ankle

Hospital cost xxxx baht.

Expat falls over breaks ankle

Hospital cost xxxx X 10 baht.

I can see their thinking. ????

Apart from hospital costs are the same for everyone , Thais and non Thais

Archived