Sticking it to foreigners - ice cream company backs down after "Thais only" promotion

webfact

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nine pages already so maybe it has been said already?  

You can STICK  your shit a-s ice cream where the sun don't shine.  The Thais that run this country and those who have the money are some of the most racist people I've ever seen. Sure there are worst but my reference is to Thailand. 

Several years ago before HM past in one of his speeches on his Birthday particularly address this type of practice that it gives a black eye to the Thai people and the country!  

Nevertheless, the leaders continue to allow this type of practice yet they want to be treated fairly themselves.  It is as said by one of their former MP,  " The more patriot the more stupid " They even step all over their own people I parked my bike across from Tuk-com yesterday while leaving I noticed the Dentist outside sign that posted " if you got HIV you aren't wanted ".

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I don't like how Thais lie so.much, and they really are not good liars. Lying takes creativity. Creativity takes intelligence. 

Lying also requires an incredible memory and effort.

Don't lie and there is nothing to remember.

Now, what did I post yesterday??? thinking, thinking, give me a minute. ????

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Nine pages already so maybe it has been said already?  

You can STICK  your shit a-s ice cream where the sun don't shine.  The Thais that run this country and those who have the money are some of the most racist people I've ever seen. Sure there are worst but my reference is to Thailand. 

Several years ago before HM past in one of his speeches on his Birthday particularly address this type of practice that it gives a black eye to the Thai people and the country!  

Nevertheless, the leaders continue to allow this type of practice yet they want to be treated fairly themselves.  It is as said by one of their former MP,  " The more patriot the more stupid " They even step all over their own people I parked my bike across from Tuk-com yesterday while leaving I noticed the Dentist outside sign that posted " if you got HIV you aren't wanted ".

....   the leaders continue to allow this type of practice ....   it appears they incentivate it

To motivate, same as incentivize, but it sounds better.

It doesn't matter whether the staff 'misunderstood' the instructions from the company. The staff saw nothing at all wrong in offering the deal to Thais only.
The BTS offers an off-peak discount to elderly people, Thais only. And I've lost count of the times I've approached a store where 'Pretties' are outside giving away free samples, and as soon as they see me - a foreigner - coming, the outstretched arm is withdrawn. Pathetic and stupid people.
If they detest foreigners so much, perhaps they should stop using all the things we invented for them, like mobile phones, the internet, cars, buses. motorcycles, tv, electricity, even ice cream - everything in fact, as the Thais have never invented a single thing for themselves. Except maybe Somtam.

1 hour ago, Tom59 said:

Saying the sign was printed in Thai, 'well, because we are in Thailand' is pretty lame. English is supposed to be an official language in Thailand, I believe. It certainly would help the people to learn English better if international companies also used English alongside Thai so that Thai people can become more familiar with the language in everyday use. The inability to communicate internationally will continue to hold Thailand back until they take education seriously.

Do you think that in Germany, France, Japan, China or Spain promotions for ice cream are written in english? 

13 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Nevertheless, the leaders continue to allow this type of practice

I've always thought that raises a very interesting question. Despite him being so revered, what he said was totally ignored by politicians and the people alike. No laws against double-pricing - indeed, it has been practised by successive governments against his will. Same as when he said he should be open to criticism like everyone else. Anyone who took him at his word was jailed.
A fine man with the right ideas who was treated with contempt by the people if it meant them losing a few baht. The very height of hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, Bantex said:

Plenty of other ice cream sellers in Thailand who run promotions for everyone regardless of nationality.

Simply vote with your feet and go elsewhere then see what promotions they offer then.

Thats my way of thinking, Vote with your Feet

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It doesn't matter whether the staff 'misunderstood' the instructions from the company. The staff saw nothing at all wrong in offering the deal to Thais only.
The BTS offers an off-peak discount to elderly people, Thais only. And I've lost count of the times I've approached a store where 'Pretties' are outside giving away free samples, and as soon as they see me - a foreigner - coming, the outstretched arm is withdrawn. Pathetic and stupid people.
If they detest foreigners so much, perhaps they should stop using all the things we invented for them, like mobile phones, the internet, cars, buses. motorcycles, tv, electricity, even ice cream - everything in fact, as the Thais have never invented a single thing for themselves. Except maybe Somtam.

What a great post!

Thais have never invented a single thing, nor contributed anything to the advancement of humanity, and they never will!

KP.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Thats my way of thinking, Vote with your Feet

Me too , I will never go to that shop again , well , I've never been there before , but I will never go there for the first time and I will sit back and watch them go bankrupt without my custom , that will teach them not to give me a second ice-cream for a 50 % discount

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

In my opinion, Thais in general are very racist.

Never been colonised. Are they sure. History paints a different picture.

Farang, as we are annoyingly called, are simply a means to gain finance. Extortion. 

How would Thais like to be referred to as Asians?

It doesn't take that much to see the obvious.

Or Ling

2 hours ago, Dogbarker said:

Gelato is more expensive to make than ice cream and therefore usually commands a higher price than ice cream. However franchise or otherwise the reply does not make me want to rush to their store and buy. Think I will stick to the ten baht KFC vanilla ice cream .. Actually not a bad product and does not have as much overrun as it could.. Overrun = as much air into it as possible !!!( I have a diploma in moology)

In Italy the gelato isn't that expensive and they sell it every 100 meters on touristic spots along the great beaches...also a glass of good wine is cheap there compared to Thai prices.

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You know what you can do with your promotion...........? 

We all know the way you think

The English sticker is very ad hoc. Did the original sign really state the promo was only for Thai citizens. Need to see original sign.  

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And I've lost count of the times I've approached a store where 'Pretties' are outside giving away free samples, and as soon as they see me - a foreigner - coming, the outstretched arm is withdrawn. Pathetic and stupid people.

Stop your crying .

Don't take it personally .

They give free samples away so that people will buy it next time , many foreigners are here as tourists and they will not be around to buy that item again, so, they are just wasting their product by giving it to people who will not be buying one in the future

Archived