Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:49
webfact

Now it's foreigners riding motorbikes on the footpaths - in the Thai jungle!

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

One too many “o’s” in your post !!

and a K

what are they talking about. my house backs on to vast trails for hundreds of km with a few road crossings. mainly thais! they are only riding on exisiting tracks. leave em alone u racist pricks!

was just backnin my home country and a thai women was sitting in the handicapped seat on the train. i told her in thai to get the f off. now i realize i should get this on social media to counteract the stupid thai racist rants.

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

...large signs with big crosses on motorbikes stating riding not allowed...

Would that be a legal traffic sign under Thai law?

500 Bahts fine, Wai live on TV and, of course, THB 10000 in a brown envelope.

But frankly, I used to do a lot of hiking in my previous life, and was getting mad at the downhill MTB idiots using the hikers space, as well as the life threatening 80Kg "Patou" sheepdogs. Actually it was very much like Thailand.

41 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

But frankly, I used to do a lot of hiking in my previous life, and was getting mad at the downhill MTB idiots using the hikers space

Probably the MTB riders had similar thoughts about the hikers. Is there a written law somewhere that that space belongs to a certain group of the community?

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Probably the MTB riders had similar thoughts about the hikers. Is there a written law somewhere that that space belongs to a certain group of the community?

Yep, downhill MTB is restricted to specifiy areas.  Easy to understand as these guys come down at 80-100kmh is a space where two hikers passing each other have to watch their steps. Same for the sheep dogs, shepherds are meant to keep their herds away from the walking trails.  

10 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Is there a written law somewhere that that space belongs to a certain group of the community?

At least for national parks (the mentioned area is in a national park) Thailand does indeed have a law which says something like vehicles are only allowed on paved ways.

Looking at the provided photograph, I find it impossible to distinguish whether the riders are Thai or non-Thai.  Why suddenly are non-Thais being targeted when Thais have, no doubt, been doing the same thing for a long period of time without Thais voicing any complaints?  Just found and watched the video.  The third rider appears to be a complete beginner and void of experience.

'nuf sed

Edited by wotsdermatter