Cheapest Scooter

eezergood

Cheapest automatic scooters (125 cc) start at about 45000 (Yamaha).

Cheapest small motorbikes (110 cc) with 4 gear "automatic clutch" start at about 37000.

Prices not incl. registration fee.

For a village runaround my 110 cc Honda Wave is good enough (4 gear).

I even prefer it over an automatic on the dirt roads out to the fields.

54 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Not actually a "scooter" but a Honda 50cc have a classic style for 31k new.

Did you want "twist n go" scooter ?

yes just a twist & go - our last one died earlier in the year, I wanted to get another POS (piece of ....) but her who must be obeyed nixed it ????

I am  strong Honda wave fan they are a very strong bike.110 cc is perfect for Village get around. But it is around 37,000

When I go out pricing bikes in my area,it appears Suzuki is the cheapest but cannot tell you anything about quality I do not one person who owns one

I would simply buy a honda wave 110 cc will go for ever with just general maintenance.Oil changes every 4000 kilo is about all there is to do and if you are a wet chain guy oil your chain regularly. I buy honda waves just drive them change the oil every 4000 kilo that is it.I drive without lubricating the chain and get 30,000 kilo before I need to replace chain ad sprocket and replacement is cheap around 500 baht cheaper than buying lubricant .

That said still suzuki is the cheapest I think but do not know true value.

As said probably best to shop around.  And make sure it fits your needs (can mount front basket if using for shopping - many can not).  10 years ago we went with a Honda Icon as it did allow front mount basket and it is still running fine.

The cheapest bike is a Honda Wave (or the equivalent of Yamaha or Suzuki). If you want a fully automic bike i think the cheapest one that comes in farang size is the Yamaha GT125, it's the equivalent to the Honda Click, just a bit cheaper.

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

You obviously have never been there, they don't show prices.. 

Depends on the shop, some put price tags on the bikes, some don't, but you can always ask for their price list, not too difficult

Twist N go , it has to be the 45 K Yamaha GT 125 or a Yamaha Fino.  For an auto-clutch 4 speed , its either a 48 K Honda Cub , or a similar 31 K Lifan Cub or a 31 K Ryuka Cub.  Ryuka was doing some good offers on their models recently. Go check them out. 

9 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Twist N go , it has to be the 45 K Yamaha GT 125 or a Yamaha Fino.  For an auto-clutch 4 speed , its either a 48 K Honda Cub , or a similar 31 K Lifan Cub or a 31 K Ryuka Cub.  Ryuka was doing some good offers on their models recently. Go check them out. 

thanks

3 hours ago, eezergood said:

how is that a scooter?

I was just joking, for flig sake want a cheap scoot / m/c ask someone where you live.

S/H twist and go scoots 7000 bht, S/H waves 15,000. 
You want new go to a shop that sells motorcycle & scoots.

yamaha finn. runs e85, will take a load and a couple kicks from time to time. Wont win any races but will do the job. Sold the old honda super cub at 2yrs old was absolute garbage and bout the finn with the mag wheels being a little more exp. They got a deal with free baskets, oil and a gay helmet.

All scooters are pretty crap unless your going 300cc+ so keep it cheap and usefull and get a new one every couple of years.

It'll get scratched and beat up no matter what you do so keep it cheap from the get go and cheap on fuel and services.

Stay away from chinese crap and dont pay for names. As an ex qual mechnic and maker of race parts for basically all thai scoots i can safely say keep it cheap and descent and youll be glad you did.

Ive ridden, pulled apart and modified about everything that exists apart from a couple late models and can safely say there aint much for the money in any scoots and they aint designed for foreigners height and weight so cheap and tough is key.

Archived