Cheapest Scooter

eezergood

On 12/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, lopburi3 said:

As said probably best to shop around.  And make sure it fits your needs (can mount front basket if using for shopping - many can not).  10 years ago we went with a Honda Icon as it did allow front mount basket and it is still running fine.

A few years back I went to my local Honda agent with the 50.000 odd Bt in my pocket to buy a new Honda Wave 125, it had no basket, so I asked them to fit one, they said that would be another 350 Bt. I told them "no way", so the salesgirl lost her sales commission, assuming she was on one.

She did me a favour, I then went the 15K to the next town and saw a PCX 150, so I went to the bank and got the extra 30.000 Bt and bought it.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:18 PM, PerkinsCuthbert said:
On 12/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, eezergood said:

not when i am busy working, you understand these forums are designed to help each other right....... 

Could have fooled me, I thought the express purpose was to start an argument as quickly as possible.

haha   PC has my vote. I  came to see this thread after he was the only one who was brave enough to call out all the oh so righteous TV posters mocking the CM scouser Lee.    

Yesterday I made a fairly tame remark about not being a fan of some expat group in CM and immediately got a rabid response insinuating I was an A-hole  .

Fortunately i usually am disciplined enough to not take the bait.  ( not yesterday  ???? )

On 12/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, papa al said:

Click is most popular bike in Thailand.

I thought they quit making them have not seem one around for a couple of years now or more.

Scoopies are around my area but no near as many as  waves.

8 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I thought they quit making them have not seem one around for a couple of years now or more.

Scoopies are around my area but no near as many as  waves.

Not only are they still making Clicks, they just recently introduced the new 150cc Click.

And they still sell the 125cc Click.

But neither of those would qualify as the cheapest scooter.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Talk about Honda holding its value ...

SIL just traded in her 20-25 year old Dream on a new Scoopy

They gave her 10K. Saha Panich Chiang Mai

Well Scoppy don't hold value very well. I tried 2 places to trade-in our 6 years old Scoopy i and we were offered 11k & 12k. In the end we sold it to a friend of ours selling used Thai bikes and he gave us 13.5k for it and he told us he will try selling it on for 15 to 16k. Fair enough, he have to make a living as well.

Okay a Dream that old is a almost collectors scooter, maybe.

A Dream / Cub is about 45,000 Baht.   If , after 20/25 years of looking after it , i was only offered 10K , i wouldn,t consider that a great price , as  i have seen many other 1 owner bikes from other company,s this age been offered for more than just 25% of their  price. It could be said it has become a classic and should be worth more than that. That Italjet / Sym 125 is a fantastic Italian designed looking scoot . There was one for sale in the Benelli / Keeway / Stallion shop next to Big C on Highway 11 Chiang Mai.

I also have a 25 year old bike, but instead of being offered 25% of its original value, I was offered 150% of its original price in cash. I turned them down. At the moment, I would never sell it.
A 1994 Vespa T5.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Fancy front wheel & ready for a side-car too!

555.....well spotted we just took the side car of it cause the swing arm needs a bit of welding and the exhaust fell of????????????..was still using it daily up to 1 month ago????

Archived