Airport rip-offs: Thieves stealing from bags and 60 baht for an egg targeted

rooster59

On 12/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, ryane66 said:

Bait luggage and undercover police could end this problem.

Totally agree, with some serious work the weak points can be discovered very quickly and fixed, plus fine the people who employ the thieves 10,000Baht every time there's a theft, plus cancel the contract, principles of the contracting company never allowed to gai contracts / employment in a government activity ever again.

And, I'm just wondering when baggage (full bag) is stolen, where does it go? I guess it's somewhere near the baggage handling system / conveyors, otherwise staff would be away from their post for too long and other problems would occur.

Or are 2 or ? of the handlers shift just dedicated to getting stolen bags out of the area?

How easy is it to store the stolen bag somewhere without bags being noticed / is there a camera system covering every location which sounds an alarm when something changes / moves?

How easy is it to get the stolen bag(s) from a secret storage to a vehicles and drive it out? Is there are checking of what bags are on vehicles departing the area?

Seems to me the main point is that AOT etc., need to left their game, a lot. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don muang is just as bad,when DM was the international airport b4 swampy you could go to the thai food place near the carpark, full of Thais, get your tickets from the counter,beer was also cheap,same as the usual street prices,also you could leave your bags as you went outside for a smoke next to the carpark,also a short walk outside departures to arrivals there was a good outside bar,full of plants & Mobile aircons with decent price beer,then when you got into duty free the prices where just as cheap as the middle east airports,sometimes cheaper with special deals,mind you that before king power took over (they're taking the pxxs)now it's cheaper to get your sang som or whatever from 7/11,that's where I go to get my be at the airport,although it's a bit more than usual 7/11's but still 1/3 of the price than inside & there's lots of other travellers there,

40 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Next time find an old pair of gloves and if you can still find some of the old joke itching powder dust them inside then wrap them up nicely and stick them in an outside pocket of your case. Or even a skin dye powder inside, preferrably bright red.

Novachok is my weapon of choice.

18 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

But yer CAN Get it for 35 Baht in Nong Khai.............IF Yer know where to Go !!

You overpaid. I ate at a little restaurant in a village outside Phonphasi that sells pad kaprao moo and nothing else. 30 baht. Very nice too!

On 12/29/2018 at 9:56 AM, rooster59 said:
What amounts to a national dish - krapao moo or chopped pork with basil over rice - was being sold for 225 baht.

Such a dish might cost about 40 baht on the street. 

Also a plate of plain rice was being sold for 55 baht and an egg cost 60 baht. Such items might be ten baht outside the airport. 

The authorities promised to ensure that operators were sticking to the rules regarding pricing.

Hello food cost more because renting a shop in airport is very expensive so lower the rent and shops will lower their prices 

people have money for flying but don't want pay more for the food 

Easy solution, eat on the street before go airport 

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, fruitman said:

Another reason is the very crappy smoking rooms, 

...exactly as they should be.  They should, though, provide automatic deodorisers for the stinky smokers when they leave the crappy room so that those normal people who have the misfortune to have to sit next to them on a flight suffer less.

Biggest rip-off is selling water bottles for 30 baht up to 100 baht. Note: I am talking about the water bottles you can buy outside for 10 baht or less.

Your not allowed to bring water bottles through Security, so everyone is fair game. They should have a set price at all vendors. 

38 minutes ago, jerojero said:
On 12/29/2018 at 6:27 PM, Bluespunk said:
Why bother, just fly business class and enjoy the entire travel process. 

You bet! Fares are so affordable in Business class that everyone who flys can easily afford it, just as easily as you say it should be done.

I only fly business. 

It really is worth it. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, grego49 said:

Every time i have been there you couldnt get in the door for chinese hordes.

I was there today and it was crowded, but one could get a seat and the food was as always excellent. Pisses me off the spend 60 baht on soup where I can get it down some alley for 40 though. Rip off.

PS: if you are flying International out of DMK today or tomorrow, its sucks to be you. My Kid rolls off the plane from Surat Thani all mellow and relaxed, a hour later up in International departure shes sobbing and clutching my leg, no Dad, noooooo, I don't want to go back to China, look at this, please find me a job in Bangkok, sorry Kid, Thais aint gonna pay you 140K baht a month and give you a free apartment, noooooo, Ill take a pay cut, I can stay with you, love ya baby, have fun, got to go catch the bus, as she is swept away into the yelling spitting hordes of package carrying flag followers........

I don't actually care about the price of food at the airport - I understand that restaurants and cafes have to pay rent, staff, utilities, etc., so that doesn't bother me. What I do hate though is having to throw away my bottled WATER at security and then having to pay 50 or 60 Baht a few minutes later for a new bottle!  It's just water for crying out loud sake! What security threat could that possibly pose?!?!

8 hours ago, djayz said:

I don't actually care about the price of food at the airport - I understand that restaurants and cafes have to pay rent, staff, utilities, etc., so that doesn't bother me. What I do hate though is having to throw away my bottled WATER at security and then having to pay 50 or 60 Baht a few minutes later for a new bottle!  It's just water for crying out loud sake! What security threat could that possibly pose?!?!

Just drink it first. Take the empty bottle through security and fill up at one of the hundreds of filtered chilled water fountains airside. I have been doing it for years

On 12/30/2018 at 5:44 AM, rainman333 said:

they should crack down on starbucks , 120+ bht for a cup of coffee where it should only cost 10 bht or free at some places ????

Starbucks? I think you tried to talk about coffee?

On 12/29/2018 at 10:57 AM, fruitman said:

Another reason is the very crappy smoking rooms, on Changi they are absolutely perfect but Singapore is the place to be for rich farangs.

The discount terminal at Changi that Tiger air flies out of even sells food at a cheap price and the souvenirs are even cheap also.

On 12/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, orchis said:

There is a very good food court Magic Food Court 1FL at regular prices at Suvarnabhumi.

Last time i used that one, i was almost trodden into the deck by about 5000 Chinese tourists. I eventually got a seat next to a Chinese gentleman who was eating a chicken, spitting the bones on the ground. Class tourists indeed.

I only fly business. 

It really is worth it. 
How fortunate for you. The other 99% of the travelling public who cannot possibly afford business class are surely happy for your wealthy prominence and revel in your ease of telling them 'just fly business class'.

10 hours ago, jerojero said:
On 12/31/2018 at 9:50 AM, Bluespunk said:
I only fly business. 

It really is worth it. 

How fortunate for you. The other 99% of the travelling public who cannot possibly afford business class are surely happy for your wealthy prominence and revel in your ease of telling them 'just fly business class'.

I’m a primary school teacher, comfortable but hardly wealthy. 

And I can afford it. 

Just takes thinking ahead and spending wisely. 

Archived