Buses from Khon Kaen to Vientiane

NickApollo

I need to travel from Khon Kaen to Vientiane for a visa and I understand there are direct buses from the Terminal 3 bus station. I am getting the Laos visa in advance. 

I read somewhere that the bus is kind of uncomfortable and I am wondering whether there are any air con buses with the bigger seats on this route. 

Thanks. 

This is the Thai Laos international bus service. There is only one service. I have come back from Vientiane to Udon and the bus is a standard inter city Thai bus which is reasonably comfortable I think. If it is not suitable for u then the one improvement u could make is to take one of the long distance VIP buses which pass through KK to Udon then get the international bus. Or u can get the train from KK to Nong Khai then tuk tuk, or taxi I suppose, 5 minutes to the bridge, then take the bridge crossing bus, which is basic, then take a taxi from the bridge into Vientianne.

There are plenty of buses to Udon Thani and Nong Khai.

About every 30 minutes or so.

Unfortunately I don't have the details about quality of the buses (there are different companies operating).

For the rest (getting to bridge and Vientiane) see previous post.

Archived