Was there just an earthquake in Kanchanaburi?

edwinchester

7 hours ago, Senechal said:

Felt it all the way down in Bangkok. My building felt like it was swaying slightly. 

Gosh, quite powerful to feel it that faraway then. Just had a walk around our house and garden and thankfully no damage such as cracks or loose tiles.

4.9 magnitude earthquake registered in Kanchanaburi

By The Thaiger

Srinagarind.jpg

In the latest of a spate of earthquake reports for the region, principally in Indonesia and The Philippines, a report this morning from the Si Sawat district of Kanchanaburi with a tremor registering 4.9 on the Richter scale.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1075457-49-magnitude-earthquake-registered-in-kanchanaburi/

10 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I was at home in south Suphanburi (not far from Kanchana) and didn't feel nothin'...about 2300hrs I'm in the shower as the municipal water pressure is good then...

Weird....we're about 20 km's south of U-Thong and it was very strong there, very rapid and strong shaking of the bed....must be a joke there somewhere 55. Felt the following aftershock at 5 am too but that was nothing in comparison.

27 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Weird....we're about 20 km's south of U-Thong and it was very strong there, very rapid and strong shaking of the bed....must be a joke there somewhere 55. Felt the following aftershock at 5 am too but that was nothing in comparison.

nobody else in the house mentioned it and they were still awake then...were in Songphinong and you guys are probably closer to the 'fault line' in Uthong...we're in a 2 storey shop house so somebody musta felt something if the shock came this way...

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, Kan Win said:

Live CCTV from Srinakarind Dam link is below:-

http://snr.egat.com/index.php/cctvsnr

Never heard nor felt anything as I was fast asleep and sober by the way.

Sawdaee Bee My (spelling ?) to one and all.

Win ????

As I mentioned before in bold.

Our house is 2 km up river from the Famous Bridge, apporx. 70 km from the crest of the Srinakarind Dam and felt nothing at all. All my empty bottles of cooking oil etc. are still standing even with the aftershocks.

Win ????

Archived