Pigeons

I had some roosting in my eves. I turned the hose on them several times throughout the day and, more importantly, just before dusk. They soon decided that my house was not worth the hassle and they moved on.

Don’t bother with the spikes as they can be expensive and rarely work on anything wider than a window ledge.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I find it confusing as to why so many have a problem with pigeons - and more frequently, the Mynah birds.

Why not just enjoy their antics?

Problem is Dick, I am worried about their kee and it's effects on my tank and it's contents. Other than that I have no problems with them as opposed to the myriad of sparrows who continuously attempt to build their nests under my roof and in the process dam up the drainage channel which in turn ended up flooding in my livingroom.  

Just now, albertik said:

Problem is Dick, I am worried about their kee and it's effects on my tank and it's contents. Other than that I have no problems with them as opposed to the myriad of sparrows who continuously attempt to build their nests under my roof and in the process dam up the drainage channel which in turn ended up flooding in my livingroom.  

As long as your tank is covered, it shouldn't be a problem?

I don't understand how sparrows damned up the roof drainage channel that resulted in your living room being flooded?

Just now, albertik said:

Crows on the other hand tend to hog all the left over dog food and not leave much for the aforementioned sparrows, mynas and other residents in the garden.

Of course they do! They are bigger than Mynas- enabling them to 'take' over' any left over scraps.

Having said that, I have noticed that there are far fewer other birds (other than sea-water birds) around nowadays ☹️.

The angled roof forms a V-shape where the tiles meet.  The result is a small gap. The builders  placed a metal channel  below that gap to funnel off  rainwater but The sparrows found this gap just wide enough to squeeze through and decided this is a perfect protected area to build their nests, ergo the build-up of small sticks and grasses which over time blocked the  waters egress channel and this in turn, backed up the flow and then the water was sent over the channels edges and into my living room 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived