Pharmacy closing down?

Topprofile

where'd you hear this? them closing down would be a huge inconvenience as they usually have everything that I need for the diabetes and the high BP, always stop there on the way out to a job assignment to stock up...the best pharmacist in the Nana area, other places only got aspirin and band aids unless you go to a big hospital pharmacy and they always want a doctor's scrip...

I had a friend pass 2 days ago to pick something up for me and the reply was that they didn't have it anymore and that they were shutting down.. only reply was to go get it at a hospital instead..

I don't know if it's true or not but I'm sure it would be a big inconvenience for many..

That pharmacy has been a go-to for expats for years. Used to go there when I lived in Bangkok. Staff weren't warm or welcoming, but knowledgable and everything was reasonably priced, at least to compared to other pharmacies. The closure of this pharmacy will be a great loss to many expats who felt comfortable there, notwithstanding that the city is full of pharmacies.

I also found the South-East Asia pharmacy down by soi 15 to be good too.

some years ago at foodland on soi 5 before the renovation they had a a pharmacy with a good stock but that was before I had blood pressure problems...not sure that they have a pharmacy any more...

we ought to use this opportunity to compile a list of Nana area pharmacies fer us decrepit bastids that are kept alive only by chemical means...

I had some sugar cookies for new years eve and now the resulting elevated blood sugar threatens my life...

40 minutes ago, mstevens said:

That pharmacy has been a go-to for expats for years. Used to go there when I lived in Bangkok. Staff weren't warm or welcoming, but knowledgable and everything was reasonably priced, at least to compared to other pharmacies. The closure of this pharmacy will be a great loss to many expats who felt comfortable there, notwithstanding that the city is full of pharmacies.

I also found the South-East Asia pharmacy down by soi 15 to be good too.

yeah, the staff were dour chinese but they knew their stuff and could always suggest a local generic alternative to expensive imported meds...go to Bully's Bar next door and have some food then pick up some meds and then head back to hotel...and now my routine is ruined...

I was at the Suk Soi 2-4 pharmacy a couple weeks ago, and they were out of an item I normally get from them. The counter guy said something about their stock was low because it was the end of the year. But he didn't say anything about them closing down (though of course I had no idea to ask). I'll ask the next time I'm there now, unless someone else here confirms it first.

They've also been my go-to pharmacy here for years. Good stock and range, good prices, convenient location.

If an alternative becomes necessary, I agree the Southeast Pharmacy on the other side of Suk Road near Soi 15 is a decent option, though it seems their stock is more limited. Although they are air conditioned, meaning temperature controlled, whereas the Suk Soi 2-4 pharmacy never has had AC.

The OnNut places Sheryl mentioned above also have good stock and good prices, but a bit far out from the center of town (depending on where one lives, of course), and as she mentioned, usually have a bit of a crowd there, especially on weekends, so you'll often have to queue and wait a bit.

The Foodland Soi 5 pharmacy I'm less impressed with. It's a relatively small space and stock. And often, they either don't have what I want, or their prices for what they do have are considerably higher than what either of the nearby Suk pharmacies have charged. I've never found them to be a bargain at all. And the staff behind the counter there don't seem particularly knowledgeable either.

I stopped by the Suk Soi 2-4 pharmacy this afternoon, and regret to inform, they did officially confirm that they are closing/going out of business, period, and not relocating/reopening anywhere else.

Apparently, no hard/firm date for the closing, as it basically will be when they sell out their current stock. Today, the shelves were much depleted from normal, so I'm guessing it won't be too long.

Heard two different versions from two of the guys working there. 1. their Thai government pharmacy license has expired/is expiring, and there would be some kind of difficulty for them in renewing it. 2. they've been in business there for 48 years, one guy said, and the patriarch of the family feels it's time to retire and take it easy.

Forty eight years in business there. Can't blame him for that. They'll be greatly missed...

I wonder if that block is slated to come down?  Not many shophouse blocks remaining north of Soi-4.

I always found the counter staff, while not warm and fuzzy to be very open to questions and very knowledgeable.  Their prices were surprisingly reasonable considering the location.

They will be missed.

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, myshem said:

hello, the best sukhumvit nana drugstore is now closed, do you have a good alternative place ? how much for Aptalis ?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1077725-popular-nana-pharmacy-closing/

Southeast Pharmacy, on main Suk Road near Soi 13 on the odd numbered sois side of the road.

Archived