800,000 Baht in Savings Account

AAArdvark

9 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

So, it seems the consensus is that debit cards CAN be issued for savings accounts but there is some sort of fee, is that correct?  

From what I've seen fees are between zero and a few hundreds baht a year. Depends on the bank and the specific card type.

11 hours ago, XGM said:

From what I've seen fees are between zero and a few hundreds baht a year. Depends on the bank and the specific card type.

I'm not charged an annual fee from SCB for my debit/atm card.  There's no charge for using my SCB card within Chiangmai province although there used to be (and may still be) a 50 baht charge if I used it outside of Chiangmai province.  There also used to be a charge (50 baht?) for using my SCB card to withdraw money from other bank's atm machines within Chiangmai province but I think....but not sure....that is no longer the case due to the banks' agreements.  The only other charge I can think of is a 200 baht fee I was once charged when replacing a damaged card a couple of years back. 

Just as a reminder if you plan to set up an account for the 800k put and extra 1-2,000 in the account - you don’t want to go to the bank to get a letter to find you account had fallen below 800k last month because of a 100 baht fee you were not aware of...

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

I'm not charged an annual fee from SCB for my debit/atm card.  There's no charge for using my SCB card within Chiangmai province although there used to be (and may still be) a 50 baht charge if I used it outside of Chiangmai province.  There also used to be a charge (50 baht?) for using my SCB card to withdraw money from other bank's atm machines within Chiangmai province but I think....but not sure....that is no longer the case due to the banks' agreements.  The only other charge I can think of is a 200 baht fee I was once charged when replacing a damaged card a couple of years back. 

And your debit card is on a SAVINGS account or on another type of account?

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

On a regular savings account.  To my knowledge, you cannot get a debit/atm card on any other type of account (well, at least not on a fixed term account). 

7 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

My debit card is on my Kasikorn savings account. I was offered one by Bangkok bank on my savings account there - one is enough for emergency use.

Archived