Old German Beer Garden Soi 11

ProbPossConf

It's relocated to the trendy complex soi 13 next door to a the British sports pub and doing a roaring trade 

Friday night pig on the spit set menu hard to get a seat 

And it's called the old German beer house not garden 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, ProbPossConf said:

Appreciate the feedback, but does any one know if the former location on Soi 11 is still under renovation or just boarded up?  Any current photos would be tell-tale.

Renovating it for something new but what you are looking for is on Soi 13.  Much nicer than when they were on Soi 11.

4 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Highly over priced ! Nothing special, far better places around

Not everyone is watching every single baht. If you want German food that's the place 

Only place in bangkok with 2 happy hours. Second one 10 to 2am

On 1/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, moontang said:

I was in Biergarten SOI 7 last month...was a graveyard of guys paying too much for beers with a small number of ladies thinking they are worth stupid prices. 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, madmen said:

It's relocated to the trendy complex soi 13 next door to a the British sports pub and doing a roaring trade 

Friday night pig on the spit set menu hard to get a seat 

Wonder if you are talking about the same place...????

17 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Wonder if you are talking about the same place...????

The beer garden is soi 7 its just called the beer garden. 

OP is talking soi 11. 

Update for OP is there will now be 2 old German beer houses. The one on soi 11 and the one on soi 13 which has stayed packed from opening night. Owner is a winner in the new location as the trendy complex has a lot of farang and their is an entrance direct from the lobby 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

The beer garden is soi 7 its just called the beer garden. 

OP is talking soi 11. 

Update for OP is there will now be 2 old German beer houses. The one on soi 11 and the one on soi 13 which has stayed packed from opening night. Owner is a winner in the new location as the trendy complex has a lot of farang and their is an entrance direct from the lobby 

Thanks for your reply. I know it's two different places, but the posters apparent don't...????

1 hour ago, BigBoy51 said:

Originally located on Soi 23 - used to be quite good. 

Yes, it was a much better place back when it was on Soi 23.  The land was too expensive so they of course sold it to make way for another condo development.  When they moved to Soi 11 the prices shot up.

I don't think they sold it when it was on the top of Cowboy. I believe they lost there lease. Anyways. I recently heard that Frank, who runs the day to day business has recently retired. Frank is a wonderful man. I heard he has had some medical issues so is calling it quits.  

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What is over-priced specifically?

Makro sell Chang beer at 30 baht a small bottle and presumably are making a profit ?

Any place that sells for more than 90 baht (200% markup on Makro's price) is selling over-priced, in my opinion, and I would not purchase.

Makro sell Chang beer at 30 baht a small bottle and presumably are making a profit ?

Any place that sells for more than 90 baht (200% markup on Makro's price) is selling over-priced, in my opinion, and I would not purchase.

Try 99 baht for a Pint between 4 to 7 and 10 to 2am. Stay away during the three hours it's the same price as anywhere else nice. There is 7/11 next door. You could join the Thais there for the 3 hours. Win win!

But of course having never stepped foot in the place your just making assumptions or you would already know

6 hours ago, cracker1 said:

What's Makro's prices got to do with anything?  Does Makro provide purchasers of small bottles of beer with an air-conditioned area with comfortable seating for drinking that beer with ice and a glass?  Does it have multi-channel television to watch while you are also ordering food from an extensive menu?

Archived