When did you last clean your windows?

eyecatcher

I am going to guess never!

Did mine yesterday, first time in 3yrs but not because I couldnt see out, wife said they needed doing!

You dont ever see anyone cleani g windows here and unlike the UK where window cleaning is a reputable business.

Maybe most people are like me and dont see how dirty they are until its mentioned.

No maid here; I do them myself a couple times a year, more or less.  Back in the north country where the weather changes more seasonally, it was definitely a twice a year job like clockwork.

6 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Our bungalow windows are 25 years old and tinted.When we clean them they dont look much diffrent????They do get a weekly hose down

One of the great benefits of not getting new eye glasses.

The maid cleans my inside windows and the easily accessible outside windows.  I cleaned parts of the others that I could safely reach.

I asked the management about the rest;  Was told it's too dangerous for the staff to do.  They said the windows get cleaned when the outside of the building is repainted.  It will probably be a few years before that happens.

Does anyone know of a business in Chiang Mai that is equipped to clean hard-to-reach windows?  I'm on the 13th floor.

All my windows are easily accessible thanks to my full length balcony. I clean the outside once a fortnight with an extendable squeegee from BigC, and a bucket of water and washing-up liquid. Takes well under 5 minutes. They really only get dirty if it rains though.

The inside hardly ever needs doing.

238496.jpg

I don't, but the wife cleans them all inside and out 3 ,sometimes 4

times a year, a few years ago I bought her a Karcher window cleaning

machine,to make her life easier and more efficient, so now it takes

her 2 days,instead of the 3 days before.

regards worgeordie

Our house, like many homes,  has metal grilles fitted outside (for security reasons), which are firmly screwed to the walls.  This makes it almost impossible to clean the exterior of the windows as there is insufficient gap between the glass and the grilles to get either your hand or a sponge in.  Why don't they make the with hinges on one side and a padlock on the other, so that they can be opened to enable cleaning of the windows?  Removing a dozen or so screws and completely removing the grilles each time just to clean the glass is not really practical 

About every 2 months.  Front doors(glass) every couple of weeks.

Used to live in a place with louvred glass and bars on the inside - nightmare to clean, despite my best efforts never did get the ingrained calcium off the outsides of them

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Our house, like many homes,  has metal grilles fitted outside (for security reasons), which are firmly screwed to the walls.  This makes it almost impossible to clean the exterior of the windows as there is insufficient gap between the glass and the grilles to get either your hand or a sponge in.  Why don't they make the with hinges on one side and a padlock on the other, so that they can be opened to enable cleaning of the windows?  Removing a dozen or so screws and completely removing the grilles each time just to clean the glass is not really practical

Retired and happy , me too.  Just 3 days ago the window that is the nearest to the front door . White plastic and white burglar bars , , took most of the day to clean the bars with a toothbrush ( no maid here ). The glass outside through the bars is a pane /pain but all good now , the other 7 windows and burglar bars can wait.  Oh the last 20 years or so in England I was a window cleaner.  Not one burglar bar anywhere , another topic.

seems there is little priority on that one. 
Partly because using a pressure washer on the outside also washes the inside floor, so unfortunately that is not an option.

However, once a year, usually after rainy season, we squeeze one of those merrily colored fluffy dusters on an extendable metal pole, enhanced with vinegary water, between the decorative burglar grill and the window panes.

Archived